The Blade

You sat in the backyard, that open sky was so clear. No clouds, no nothing. The birds chirped in the background as you stared into nothing. It was peaceful.

"Brat!" A sudden aggressive voice called out.

Your head shot up quickly, looking behind you to see a man with spiky black hair.
"Onii-chan." You said as you stared at him. The background behind him wasn't the squad 11 barracks, it was the Urahara Shop.
"Let's go train now, brat." Zaraki ordered as Yachiru sat on his shoulder, Ikkaku and Yumichika heading down to the underground training room.
"Ok." You answered back with a smile, standing up as you did. You were home, you were finally home. Back with family, with familiar faces.

"Hey, Espada!" Zaraki suddenly called out as he turned his head around to someone. "Hurry up!"
"Tch." A voice replied back, causing your gaze to look for the owner.

There, a man stood in human clothes, an annoyed expression on his face, and a hand running through his blue hair.
"Yeah yeah. I'm fcukin' coming."

You continued to stared at him, he was with you still. But you sensed no kind of danger from him, he was simply there. A man who soul reapers were comfortable with.
"What the fcuk you staring at woman?!" He suddenly yelled, only causing you to suddenly run at him and hold onto him tightly. You could feel his eyes on you as he wrapped an arm around your waist.
"Quit being all mushy woman, lets fcukin train." Grimmjow said as he then looked around the room. "Where's the brats?"
"Brats?" You questioned as you thought of Yachiru, but only Zaraki ever called her that.

"Mommy!" Voices called out to you, and multiple arms wrap around your legs. But before you could even look down and see who it was...

You woke up.

Your eyes shot wide open as you layed in bed. It was a dream, simply a dream.

You made a move to leave the bed and go for a walk, but a hand suddenly gripped your arm. You quickly looked to see Grimmjow holding onto you, his eyes closed, but his grip tight.
"Grimmjow- sama..." You said as you went to try to loosen his grip.
"Don't leave." He mumbled. You paused for a moment, unsure what to do. He's never like this, openly admitting things. And no matter how many times you waved a hand in his face, or called his name... He was still asleep.

So slowly, you crawled back into the bed, Grimmjow's grip never loosening.

"Don't leave... please." He mumbled once more.

How in the world you avoided that cero was a mystery to you too. Thank lawd for Las Noches' multiple hallways, there was always one there at the right time for you to dive into.

You breathed for a moment as a force in your head tried to press their way out. You knew it was that foreign hollow inside you, she always wants to fight.

"Kagami!" Yana yelled out. "Where are you, you little shit!"

'She's so insulting towards me.' Kagami thought as she really didn't understand why Yana hated her so much. Well she knew... she just didn't care.

You breathed hard as you tried to take in all your surroundings. You could run again, down the hall and probably away from her since it didn't seem like she could sense you. Or you could turn back and fight her... nahhhh.

So you ran down the hall, holding Ningen by your side as your goal now became to get out. Whatever led you away from Yana, it was fine. You had released your shikai, but you barely understood the powers of it yourself.

"Why are you running, Kagami?" A voice asked in your head. "Stay and fight."

For a momment, Kagami didn't answer, didn't want to answer. This voice, was Ningen? Or was she simply going crazy?

"Kagami!" That voice called out again in your head.
"I can't!" You answered back. "I can't defeat her, whatever she is. I'm not strong enough." You answered back as you hid behind a white pillar, trying to keep your voice down and your spirtual pressure low. She was still causing a commotion back where you originally were, looking for you. Wow... she sucks.

"How useless." Ningen finally replied. "I'm trying to give you my power, but all you do is run. You depend on her, Fukushuu, don't you. You believe she'll save you cause the only way she'll survive, is through you."
"That's not it." You cried out, trying to hold back your tears as your own zanpakuto lectured you. "I'm not depending on Fukushuu."
"Then what is it!?" Ningen yelled back aggravated. Finally, his owner called out his name, only to turn away from battle. She didn't depend on a hollow that lay dormant inside her, swinging him around like some plain blade. She was depending on him, her zanpakuto, his power. For he wanted to be the one to defend his owner, his partner.

"I can't fight..." You mumbled once more. "And cause of that, I know I'll die. I don't want that. I need to stay alive, I want to see them again, all of them. Kenpachi, Yachiru, squad 11..."

Silence followed for a moment as you held back your tears.

"I want to see him again..."
"You won't see him if you die here." Ningen replied, as an after image of himself appeared before you, leaning in front as he kneeled at eye level. A man with long white hair tied into a ponytail, he stood in an armour and kimono, he was a warrior. The complete opposite of you. "Let me lend you my power and my strength. And I'll help you see them again."

You paused, just for a moment, and then wiped your tears with the back of your hand.

"Will you accept me, as your zanpakuto?"
"Yes."

Suddenly, the pillar you stood behind cracked, as Yana used one of her extra appendages to break it down.

"Found you, you little shit!" She yelled in excitement, as she tried to attack you once more.

Yana sent a cero at you once more, causing you to slice right through it with your zanpakuto.

"I will lend you my power and strength, and help you cut through enemies." Ningen said, as his after image stood by you, you in a teary eyed state.

"I want to see him." You mumbled out, holding your zanpakuto towards Yana.
"What's that brat?" Yana said as she stood at full height, annoyed that you kept fighting so hard against her. In truth, she had nothing against you. She simply hated you because you were a soul reaper, who had gotten the attention of the espada she had always seeked that attention from.
"I said..." You mumbled once more tiredly. "Get the fuck out of my way Yana!" You finally screamed back in anger.

And as you said your declaration, his reiatsu dropped to almost nothing, he was gone.

"You lil' shit!" Yana screamed as all her appendages met once again in front of her, a cero forming at the end.

You stared at Yana with a new look, an angered expression dominating your face as you held your zanpakuto in front of you. For a moment, the inside of you sent out a shock as Fukushuu wished to come out.
"Please Fukushuu, I can do this." You begged as Yana's cero was simply charging up to get bigger and bigger.

You took off as you ran at Yana with full speed, promising that you would never give up on a fight again. You outstretched your arm in front of you as you placed the side of the blade beside your hand.

"Die, you fucking shingami!" Yana cried out as she shot her final cero at you.
"Bankai!" You screamed back as you pushed the blade past your hand, and your body become engulfed in smoke. In return of your long blade, it had been replaced with two large swords, the mune (back of the sword) following the direction of your blade with 3 spikes. "Satsujin- sha Ningen!"

And in that moment...

Your bankai, had clashed with Yana's cero.

End.