Chapter 3

Lili, the parrot was pretty annoyed.she had been left alone for a day and she talked angrily to her self.
   "What a pity, what a pity, what a pity, poor poor polly, ding dong bell, Hello, Good morning"
"Lili don't be so absured, talking away to yourself like that all day!
The children will be back soon"said Mrs Hills
" Ding dong bell", said lili mornfully and made a cracking noise with her beak .
" I suppose u miss Jack", said Mrs Hills , coming into the room and closing the door carefully behind her.
" He won't be long now lili. You will hear him and the others any minute now. So be a good bird and don't make any more noise please", said Mrs Hills .
Lili opened her beak, swelled up her throat and gave her famous imitation of an express train, screeching when it enters a tunnel.
Mrs Hills gave her a tap on her beak . She was about to say something, when she heard some noise, outside the door.
" Listen Lili, that sounds like the children coming back.They have been up in an aeroplane Lili! Imagine that ! That's why you had to be left all alone at home today", said Mrs Hills
  Just than the four children burst into the room, their face red with excitement.
" Hello, all of you", said Mrs Hills"How did you like it? Was it fun being up in the air? "
" Oh mother! It was the greatest fun I had in my life " yelled Clara.
" Mother you should have come with us, Bill piloted the plane and he was super good with it." Said Charles.
" I definetely want a plane of my own, when I grow up", said Jack.
Mrs Hills laughed.All the four were talking at once and she had to work hard to listen what they were saying.
Lili gave a loving screech and flew to Jack's shoulder.
" We  flew right over our old house. It was so queer to look at it from the top. We flew above here too and our house looked like a toy, Aunt Hills"said Jenny .
" Bill says, its even more exciting to travel at night and see the little pin pricks of light, shining in the dark countryside.We begged and begged him to take us on a night flight but he said that he will have to ask you first.You will say that we can go, won't you? I can't imagine what the boys at school will say , when i tell them about traveling in a plane day and night.Bill will come tommorow to ask you. You will allow us to go, right?" Said Jack.
" I suppose, I  shall have to. I trust Bill, He can take care of you guys well.
"Yayyy" everyone roared with happiness.
" So Lili did you miss us today? I was afraid you might have flown out of the plane in fright, if we took you.But I expect you would have been a sensible bird, sitting on my shoulder all the ride. Wouldn't you have done so?" Said Jack .
She flew lovingly to his shoulder and pecked at his ear.
" Gosh I'm so gald to have Bill as a friend. He is  such an exciting sort of person. It's thrilling too, to know that he's always on some sort of secret mission and never say a word about it.I wonder if he's on any job now" said Clara.
" You bet , he is.That's why he has got this aeroplane, to take off at any moment,after spies or anybody. " said Charles.
" Well let's head for supper, Shall we? Aunt Hills has been calling us from the last minute" said Jenny.

After dinner, they went to sleep soon, thinking and dreaming about planes, looping over the clouds in a perfect manner.