chap 11 LiLi talks too much

They all crowded joyfully in the dim shed and gazed excitedly at the piles on the shelves.
"Biscuites, pineapples, sardines, milk, Gosh! Theres everything here.What shall we start on?"
" Wait a bit" said Charles" Don't lets disarrange the shelves so much that the men will know that someone was here.Better take tins from the front, not the back and we will not eat fruits and other stuff here. We will take it away with us."
"I think it will be a good idea if we take away, as much as we can carry, in case we are stuck in this valley for a long time.We may as well face the fact that we are completely at loss and cut of from the world and may not be rescued very soon." Said Jack slowly.
  The others looked solemn and Jenny looked scared too.
"You are right" said Charles " We might as well carry as much as we can.Look there's a pile of old sacks. What if we fill a couple of them with these tins and carry them off between us? We could take dozens of tins then."
"Good idea Charles.Let's do this hurriedly." Said Jack.
So they grabbed a few sacks and began to fill them with all kinds of tins.
Charles climbed on one of the chairs and began to throw down tins from the back of the shelves and the others piled them in the sacks.
Soon the sacks were full and almost too heavy to carry.It was nice to think of all that food waiting to be eaten.Jack searched around a bit and found a tin opener soon .He put it in his pocket.
"Before we go,lets search around a bit and see if we can find any papers or documents which can tell us something about these people." Said Charles.
But even though they searched in every corner of the house, they failed to find anything useful.
" I wonder what they did with that crate that was in the plane. We can not find it too, anywhere." Said Jenny.
The crate was not anywhere in the shed .So the children came out of the shed and began to wander around.
Soon they came across a tuft of thick bushes lying between them were six of the crates, all epmty.
" I wonder what they will put in them." Said Clara.
" God knows" said Charles" Who would bring empty crates to such a deserted valley, hoping to fill them with something. Only a mad person will do so."
" Come on let's get out of here" said Jack" Did we shut the door? "
  " Yes, we did. Now everybody hold an end of the sack and we will carry each between us" said Charles.
Stumbling  with the weight of the sacks, they made their way back to the shed where they had hidden their things.They dumped the things on the floor .Jack then climbed up the tree, to see if he could spot the men nearby.But there was no sign of them.
" All clear at the moment. Now let's have a grand meal.God  I havn't eaten for ages." Said Jack.
They took out a tin of cookies,peaches, pineapples, roasted almonds and milk. Everyone ate to their fill.
" What a meal" said Jenny happily." Never did the food taste so delicious in my life.This is simply amazing."
   Everyone sat down quiet happily with their hunger well contented.None spoke a word until Clara saw Lili delving the pineapple tin.
" Jack, do stop Lili she will eat it all" she told the boy.
  Lili retired to a brach of a tree above with a large piece of pineapple in her beak.
Clara went to the spring and cleaned the tin of the milk and filled it with cold water and brought it back .She emptied it into the tin of the pineapple and shoke it. Afterwards she offered everyone a drink of pineapple juice.
" What are we gonna do with the empty tins?" Asked Charles.
" We are obviousally gonna do nothing.I will push them down a rabbit hole.The rabbits will lick them clean soon." Said Clara grinningly.
  " I would better go out and keep a watch in case the men come back" said Jack and he climbed up a tree.
The girls stuffed down the tins in a rabbit hole.
Lili looked down at the tins in the hole  and began to tug at them.
  "No Lili don't. Jack take her up with you in the tree."said Jenny scolding the bird.
Jack whistled .Lili flew to him at once and perched contentedly on his shoulder.
" We should better bring out all our suitcases and stuff, ready to hide them somewhere better than in the cowshed." Said Clara" If the men do come back and look around the shed, they are sure to see our stuff in the cowstalls at the back.
So the Girls lugged everything out, Clara grumbled because Charles lay apparently asleep amd would not stir himself to help them.Jack came down the tree.
  "No sign of them yet.Now the thing is where can we hide these things well? " said Jack thinkingly.
"Down the well" suggested Lili hearing the word 'well'.
" Shut up Lili"  Jack scolded her.
He then looked all around but could think of nowhere.Then an idea struck him.
  "I tell you where would be a jolly good place" he told the girls.
"Where?" They asked together.
"Well, see that big tree there.The one with thick spreading branches. We could easily get up there and pull up our things quite easily and hide them there in the leafy branches No one would think of looking for them there.
  The girls looked up at the thick leafed tree. It was a chestnut tree, dark and glossy, full of leaves.
"But how will we get the suitcases up.They are not very big but are terribly heavy." Said Jenny.
He pulled out a thick rope from one of the suitcases. They had took one from home incase they had any emergency.
"There you are" he told the girls"I can climb up the tree and let down this rope.You can easily tie it up to the handle of the suitcases and knot it.Then I will give a jolly good heave and up they will go".
  "Well, lets wake up Charles then." Said Clara, who didn't see why her brother shouldn't join in the labour of heaving things up a tree. She went over to him and shoved him.He woke up with a jump.
" Come help us, you lazy thing." She said to her sleepy brother." Jack has found a marvellous hiding place for all of us."
Soon Charles joined the others and agreed that it was a fine hiding place .He said he would go up with Jack and help him in lifting up the cases.
Lili was most interested in all the proceedings.When Jack hung the rope down the tree, she flew to it and gave it such a tug with her beak that it was pulled from Jack's hand and fell to the ground.
" Lili, you bad bird. Now we will have to do all the struggle again." Said jack angrily.
Lili went of into one of her never ending crackles of laughter.She waited her chance and once again pulled the rope from poor Jack's hand.
Jack called her very sternly and tapped on her beak.
" Bad bird, naughty Lili. Go away. I don't need your disturbance right now." He said in a very stern voice.
She flew off squaking dismally. Jack was not very often cross with her but she knew he was this time. She retired inside the dark cowshed and sat down swaying on a dark beam.
" Poor Lili.Poor, poor Lili. Sad Lili" she groaned loudly.
Charles and Jack soon hauled everything up and hid it all safely in the leafy branches.Then Jack shined up a bit higher and placed his field glasses on his eyes.What he saw made him call urgentely to the girls.
" The men are coming. Quick, Get up. Have you left anything behind.Have a look and see" he said to the girls below.
The girls took a quick look around. They could see nothing.Jenny then climbed the tree quickly with Clara just behind her.They settled themselves on broad branches and peered down.They could see nothing at all as the leaves were very thick. But they were satisfied as if they couldn't see down than definetely nobody could see them up either.so it was alright.
  Soon they could hear voices.The men were coming near. The children sat as quitely as they could.Jenny felt a terrible longing to cough but she placed her hand on her mouth.
    Down below, the men were making a good search of the cowshed. They could find nothing, for everything had been already removed by the children.Then they came out again and looked at the flattened patch of grass. It puzzled them alot.
" I will have just one more look in that shed." Said the men called as Julian.He dissapeared into the shed once more.
Lili who was still sitting on the blackened beam was very annoyed to see him there again.
"Wipe your feet" she said sternly"and how many times do I have to tell you to shut the door".
The men jumped violently and peered all around. Lili was hurled up in a dark corner so he could not see her.He looked around in all the corners of the room, hardly believing his ears. Then he called to his companion.
" Look here" he yelled " Someone here just told me to wipe my feet and shut the door."
"Are you mad? " the other man said" you must definetely not feeling very well."
" Well, well, well" shouted Lili" Use your handkerchief"
The men cluthed onto one another. Lili's voice was so sudden in the dark shed.
" Let's be quite and listen for a bit" said Julian.
"Shhhhhhhhh!" Exclaimed Lili at the top of her voice.
That was too much for the men.They fled out into the open air.

AURTHOR'S NOTE
Sorry for the long wait everyone. The 11th part is out now. Hope you all will enjoy it.
Nimz