IMAGINE ONE - Newts Big Fall

SPOLIER ALERT

Being a med-jack happened to be quite easy to y/n. She tended to the other Gladers injuries every once in a while, but once one was gone, it felt like two hours pass before another hurt shank strolls in.

For now, y/n quietly sat in the back of the med-jack hut, watching Jeff attend to an injured Slicer. The majority of Gladers they see are the Builders and Slicers because of their extremely dangerous work equipment.

Y/n sighed as she stood up, crossing her arms, and strutted to the front door of the hut. She leaned against the right side, starring at the Maze ahead. Chills ran up and down her spine everytime she took one small glimpse at the vine covered walls. She's been trapped in the Glade for at least a month. All the boys were suprisingly nice to her, except Gally. Y/n knew he was a slinthead since she woke up with beads of sweat trickling down her forehead in the Box. But only one boy stood out in the crowd of boys. Newt. He always called her 'love' and comforted her in the nicest ways. It was no surprise that y/n knew she liked Newt.

The day seemed to be almost over, meaning the doors of the Maze will shut for the night. Y/n watched as the sun slowly cascaded down before she realized something. The Runners weren't back which made her nervous because of Newt.

She felt her heart start to thump as she took a small step out of the hut. A cold gust of what felt like wind brushed through her hair but really it was one of the boys flapping a blanket around to clean it off. Y/n squinted her eyes to get a better look of the maze. She saw that Alby had been running towards the doors.

Y/n examined Alby as his arms flailed around. She could hear him screaming, but it was so distant she could not make out the words. It didn't take long for her to realize that something was strangely wrong. Before y/n could take anymore steps out into the long grass, Alby had disappeared into the maze.

Y/n twisted her head in confusion. "Hey, uh, Clint? Jeff?" y/n called out hesitantly. She heard the small footsteps thumping on the ground towards her.

"Yeah? What's wrong, y/n?" Jeff asked.

"Alby just ran off into the Maze," she replied, "I don't know why, but he seemed to be yelling at something before running straight into the Maze."

Clint and Jeff tensed up. "That's strange." Clint whispered to himself.

Y/n tried to wonder of reasons for Alby running off like that.

Maybe someone got hurt, she thought.

Almost instantly after her thought, Alby came back out of the Maze, but he wasn't alone. To his right, Minho was helping one of the Runners between him and Alby. Alby and Minho seemed to be holding up a boy, with one of his arms draped over Minho and Alby. They looked to be rushing towards us. The boy in the middle face was hard to be seen because his head was hung low.

Alby jumped up slightly, probably to get a better hold of the lifeless boy he held, making the boy's head throw back. Y/n caught a short glance of who the boy was.

Her body completely froze after she realized who the almost dead boy was.

Newt.

Clint and Jeff must've figured it out along with y/n, because they started to sprint towards the three. Y/n couldn't move. She examined Newt more. His leg was covered in scratches and blood. It seemed to be dislocated. Trickles of blood smeared his face.

Jeff and Clint took the hurt boy off of Minho and Alby, but they didn't stop running towards the hut where y/n stood. Without thinking, she ran inside the hut and grabbed all the possible supplies she'll need to treat Newt.