IMAGINE TWELVE - Out Of Control Jealousy

Y/n sat at one of the tables, eating dinner and talking to some boys. Minho sat across from her and Thomas to her left. The spot next to her was always for Newt, but he hasn't came by yet. Minho and Thomas joked around with y/n. The other boys like Clint and Jeff joined in on the conversation.

Someone came over to their table and asked if they could sit with them. Thomas offered a spot next to him, scooting closer to y/n. So close that Thomas and y/n shoulders were touching, but they both didn't mind. The conversation carried on and on. Y/n wondered to where Newt could be.

As if reading her mind, Newt put one leg under the table, straddling the wooden plank. Before y/n could speak, Newt grabbed her and pushed his lips to hers. Y/n smiled into the kiss, but all the boys watching didn't.

"Do you mind, Newt?" Minho scoffed. Newt pulled away with a snarky look to his face.

"Yeah, Newt. I think we all understand that you were the lucky one." A boy stated from the end of the table. Newt tensed as he tried to figure out who said that.

"Are you saying that you want her," Newt stood up slightly, but y/n pulled him down. She placed her hands on his chest.

"Newt, calm down. He was just joking." Y/n chuckled while watching Newt glare at everyone at the end of the table.

"They didn't sound like it," he mumbled as everyone continued eating. A moment of silence passes by before some created a conversation with y/n.

"So, y/n, as the previous Greenie before Thomas here, how do you like it so far?" Someone asked to y/n on the left side of the table. Newt clenched his jaw, waiting for an answer from y/n.

"I mean, it's not the worst place to be, but I believe there a million shucking places I'd rather be." Y/n answered, earning a few chatters about agreeing with her.

"Using the Glader slang. I like it." Clint remarked as he reached over to give a her high five. Y/n accepted the high five, smacking his hand.

"How are you liking it here, Thomas?" Y/n asked, looked to her left at Thomas who was still shoulder to shoulder with her.

"I definitely don't like it, but you shanks make it okay." Thomas replied, sounding uncomfortable using the slang of a Glader. Everyone softly snickered except for Newt, whos jaw was clenched and fist were balled.

"I bet you are enjoying it right now since you are so close to y/n." Jeff blurted out with a small laugh. Newt widened his eyes as he tilted his head to his right, seeing that Thomas and y/n are closer that he liked. Newt protectively wrapped his arms around y/n and pulled her close to him. The boys around dragged along the noise 'oh' as Newt glared at Thomas.

"Newt, it's fine." Y/n only said to him, making sure he was the only one who heard it.

He ignored her voice. "You were a bit to bloody close to her, Tommy." Newt scolded. His eyebrows furrowed and eyes squinted angrily.

"Hey, man, I didn't even notice." Thomas defended himself.

"Oh really, then wh-"

"Newt! Stop!" Y/n shouted as she unlocked herself from Newt's arms. "You are acting ridiculous!"

Thomas nodded his head. "I can agree on that."

Newt quickly stood up and pointed at Thomas. "Listen up here you bloody Greenie, this is my girlfriend and she is mine. You get that? Mine!" Newt yelled at Thomas. Y/n got up in front of Newt.

"I never said anything about me liking her! I have no clue what you are going on about!" Thomas shouted back at Newt.

"You need to calm down!" Y//n scolded Newt. Newt looked past her.

"I see the way you look at y/n."

Thomas jumped up from his sitting position. "Seriously! Looking at her makes you this jealous?" Thomas scoffed. Newt rolled his eyes.

"Newt! Stop. It." Y/n grimaced through clenched teeth.

"Yeah, Newt. Listen to your little girlfriend, she knows best." The same boy from earlier said. Newt slammed his fist onto the table and angrily stormed off in direction of the Homestead.

"I'm sorry, guys. He just had a bad day probably." Y/n tried to apologize.

"He acts like this all the time. You need to keep your boyfriend in check, y/n." The same boy, yet again, blurted out.

Y/n growled. "You weren't helping the situation, you dimwit." Y/n hissed, using the same word that Newt does to describe some of the boys in the Glade. Minho looked up at her with concerned eyes.

"You probably should go calm him down. Along with yourself." Minho advised. Y/n nodded slowly in agreement as she steadied her breathing. She realized that her fist were clenched and her fingernails were digging into her skin. Y/n slowly released her fingers as she took one last glimpse at everyone at the table. All the boys stared at her.

"I'm sorry, Thomas, that he did that. Newt can be like that sometimes," Y/n dragged on.

"It's fine. I agree with Minho, you should probably go." Thomas interrupted. Y/n sighed before walking quickly in the direction Newt went. She hoped that he wouldn't lash out on her for defending Thomas, and that he hasn't broken anything yet.

When y/n stepped into Newt's room, he sat on the bed with his head in his hands. "Newt."

Newt looked up at y/n. "I'm so sorry, y/n." Newt quickly got in before standing up and grabbing y/n into a warm embrace. "I don't know why I have been acting like this lately. I've just had out of control jealousy."

Y/n pulled back and gave Newt a look as if he was crazy. "Why are you jealous? You have never had this problem before." Y/n asked.

Newt sighed before admitting the truth. "Ever since Thomas came up in the bloody Box, I've been worried that you are going to start to fancy him more than you fancy me."

Y/n smiled at Newt, ready to reassure him. "Newt," she started, "You could never be replaced by anyone in this Glade, or even anyone outside the Glade. Out of all the boys here now, I chose you and I always will choose you. You are mine, Newt, and I'd do anything to keep it that way."

"That feels good to hear. I can definitely say the same for you, love."

Y/n didn't let Newt speak no longer, for she then leaned in and gave Newt a passionate kiss on the lips.