IMAGINE FOURTEEN - Gathering

SHORT STORY

"What do you think the Gathering is about?" Y/n asked Newt, who stood by her side, playing with y/n's hand as he held it. 

"I assume it will be about you." Newt mumbled, not wanting to talk about the Gathering. He knew that Alby was going to lay down news rules and precautions regarding to y/n and he worried about rules. 

"Oh," y/n replied, looking down at her feet. Newt glanced at her, seeing that she seemed down. He turned his chest towards her and lifted her chin.

"What's wrong, love." Newt said as he looked down at y/n. Her y/e/c eyes starred at his dark browns. 

"It's just that I'm nervous to go in there. Everyone is going to be talking about me and-"

"Hey," Newt interrupted, "You just look at me the whole time. Okay?" Y/n hesitantly nodded her head. Newt grabbed her hand and squeezed it. With a shaky breath, Newt stepped forth into the council room. Inside the room were all ten keepers and Ably who sat in his chair at the far end of the room. Thirteen chairs formed a semicircle around the chair that y/n will have to sit in. Everyone sat in their seats except there was an empty seat to Alby's left, indicating that is Newt's seat in the council room.

Newt gently placed his hand in the small of y/n's back and lead her towards the wooden chair. Y/n carefully sat down, her heart racing, as Newt calmly limped to his seat. Alby softly sighed as he called the meeting to a beginning. 

"As we all are aware, we have ourselves a new Greenie. We are here today to discuss the factors of the Greenie not being a male like all of us, but being a female. Y/n has been with us for a good four days now." Alby started, the boys all nodding except for Newt, "Since we have a girl among us boys, we have to lay down some rules."

Newt awkwardly shifted in his seat, furrowing his eyebrows and crossing his arms.

"Like what?" One of the Keepers blurted out.

"That is why we are having a Gathering. If anyone has any ideas to what rules we should enforce, I encourage you to speak them." Alby insisted, looking at the Keepers as they all ponder in deep thought. Y/n got even more nervous as she stared at Newt. He glared at the floor with an obvious expression of anger.

"We need to have safety cautions for her first of all," Minho called out. 

"I think we should make some type of rule for the showers." Winston spoke up. Alby nodded in agreement.

"Yes, so do I. I think we should let her take her showers first and then the rest of the boys can." Alby stated.

"How would you make sure that no one goes in with her or goes in while she showers?" Another Keeper asked.

"I'm debating if someone should guard the door or not." Alby mumbled to himself. Y/n felt uncomfortable sitting there while boys talked about her showering. Y/n could say the same for Newt, because his brows were scrunched up with disgust.

"I could guard the door for her," One of the Keepers volunteered. Newt tensed up.

"I can do it." Newt almost shouted out. Alby cocked his head towards Newt.

"How can we be sure that you won't walk in there with her?" The Glader that volunteered said to Alby.

"New-"

"Because she bloody trust me more than you." Newt scolded. Alby gave Newt a glare that told him to stop acting out. Newt folded his arms and rested back onto the chair. "I think if someone is going to guard that buggin' door, it should be someone that y/n feels comfortable with."