Prologue

Forewords

Hey guys! This is based upon the last scene of Season 2 where Ezra opens the Sith Holocron. I hope you guys enjoy! For those who haven't seen the finale here is the link for the episode guide to catch you up to speed! www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/twilight-of-the-apprentice-episode-guide

Ezra's P.O.V. (Point of View)

Kanan and I had just departed from the hell planet called Malachor. I clenched the Sith Holocron in my hand. Master Yoda sent us there to discover the key to destroying the Sith, and now I held it in my hands. Although it came with a great cost, and it seemed everyone else suffered but me.

"With every victory, there is loss.", I whispered to myself while Kanan programmed the hyperspace coordinates into the Phantom's navi-computer. Those were my mother's last words before her and my father were taken to an Imperial prison.

That loss was Ahsoka Tano, it's because of her that our crew is now apart of a larger scale rebellion, the Lothal Rebel Cell, Phoenix Squadron. Last I saw of her she was engaged in combat with her former master Anakin Skywalker, now known as Darth Vader. When the Sith Temple exploded, she went down with it. I might as well have lost my master, when Maul betrayed us he blinded Kanan slashing him across the face with his crimson blade. Now he has to live with the scars caused by my actions. It was exactly as Master Yoda had said that day in the Jedi Temple.

"Growing, your abilities are, and with them...Danger.", he had said.

There was no doubt in my mind that was what he had meant. Tears started to well up in my eyes as Kanan had come over. He embraced me in his arms to comfort me in my damaged state.

"There's nothing we can do now-", he said."It's over-", I started to sob."It's over."

All of this was my fault, and he was right. There's nothing I can do now. I felt a decline in our speed and gently slipped away from Kanan. I took control of the Phantom and whispered lightly.

"We're home."

As we descended lower onto Atollon's surface I saw the blood orange sunset. When we broke through the clouds I saw the amazing coral rising above everything in sight. On one of those pieces I saw it, our crew had begun gathering together. I set the Phantom down and as I did the only thing I sensed was pain and sorrow. Even though we had not left the shuttle, everyone knew a price was paid.

I helped Kanan down the ramp and brought him to Hera, and as she embraced him I could see the sadness in her eyes. After a moment they let loose and started on their way to the Ghost. Although he already knew it, Rex looked at me as if asking for confirmation. I gave him a solemn look and he frowned. Ahsoka Tano was dead.

Aboard the Ghost

I entered Zeb and I's room, and it was coincidentally dark. Pretty much set up the mood. I reached for my utility belt and unattached the holocron. I looked down at it and sat there. After little time had passed I heard a small click, and felt enlightenment as all weight was lifted from my hands. It opened, and I heard a faint hum.

"Ezra Bridger...you have opened the holocron, and are now one step closer to the dark side. What is it you seek?", it was the voice from the temple.

"You know what I want! The key, the key to destroy the sith.", I replied.

The holocron's inner light got gradually brighter, soon it became blinding. I turned away and there was a small explosion. I now had the holocron in my hand again. I threw it across the room.

"You stupid piece of scrap! You're useless!"

I went across the room and hid it in my drawers. No one ever finds out that I opened it.

And that's the prologue! Please tell me what you thought in the comments! This is very important as I need the feedback to continue the story! Later today I'll be updating with the revised chapter 1! I hope you loved it!!!

With much love, the Lost Apprentice!