Chapter 1 - Ezra's Dream

Forewords

Hey guys! So far so good? I hope you enjoyed the prologue! I really enjoy writing this story so it's great that I'm getting more feedback now! I again recommend that you follow my warning in the prologue. If you want to be spoiler free either watch the Season 2 finale or check out the episode guide(link provided in prologue) So I'm sure you've been eager for this...

Ezra's P.O.V

Later that same night...

I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes all I could see were the strikes of crimson and cerulean blades. Maybe I just need to eat, I thought to myself.  I could hear Zeb snoring as I slid down the ladder. Down the hall I saw Hera walking into her room, she saw me and gave me a tired grin. When I arrived at the kitchen I saw Chopper trying to give himself an oil rub.

"Chopper you made a mess...I'll help you.", and after about an hour of that he was off to recharge. In thanks for helping him, he had made me a Jogan Fruit Smoothie. It helped satisfy my thirst but I was still bright eyed and bushy tailed. Usually I get told that I am in the morning but not today. At this rate I'll be asleep until noon.

I decided to go to the cockpit where I usually go to look at the hologram Sabine gave me. It appeared and lit up the room with a dim but warm glow. Although, they were dead it was like they were still with me. Maybe if I cleared my mind they could speak with me, but I didn't hear anything until a strange creature spoke with a familiar voice.

"Ezra Bridger...find a way to meet me, you will.", it was Master Yoda! He can guide me in this tough time now that Kanan can not.

Even though I wasn't at the Lothal Jedi Temple I figured there must be some other way to contact Master Yoda. The first time I did was by meditation with Kanan and Ahsoka. I shut my eyes and took in a deep breath, when I finally sat down in position I relaxed. Suddenly it was like I got transported into a world existing only in my fantasies.

It was black as night and darkness was consuming all around me. A faint light appeared behind me. I turned around to see the bright shimmering golden flecks, resembling that of the group I saw when I first discovered the Jedi Temple. I found him, and I know he can help me through this.

"Master Yoda! I came seeking help, we ventured to Malachor as you instructed.", I said.

"Found what you were looking, you did. Hmm?", he replied back.

"Yes, a Sith holocron, but we also found something else.", I answered him.

"Something, or someone?"

"Someone...Maul is back, he tricked me into activating Malachor's superweapon. He betrayed us and blinded Kanan!", I yelled in a fiery blaze of rage.

"Blame yourself, you do. Responsibility and guiltiness, you feel?"

"Yes.", I admitted.

"More to the story, there is. More happened, that you're not telling me?"

"We came across Vader again, he killed Ahsoka.", I started to cry a little.

"A brave woman, she was. An even better Jedi, she will be remembered. A great legacy, she left. Inspired others, she did.", he frowned.

"Your fault, none of this is. The next step in life and in the force, death is. No more guidance, you require."

"I don't understa-", before I could finish he was gone.

Then out of nowhere the sparkles turned red and disintegrated into ash, disappearing into the endless, empty void.

Suddenly I was on my home planet and Lothal's skies lit up brighter than ever before. Simultaneously, a tingle came over my feet. I looked down and gazed at what appeared to be sand rising from the ground. Quick sand! It gradually devoured me faster. Finally, I took a large breath, closed my eyes and down I went. It seemed like the farther I descended the slower I sank. After a while I felt no sand around my feet, I was starting to fall! As I fell Lothal's one sun became two and the sky was getting darker and darker and then nothing.

I woke up in a sandstorm. I couldn't see anything, I stood up and started to feel around for a helmet. I found my stormtrooper cadet's mask and put it on. The sand was a dark crimson shade with black spread within. It stopped blowing everywhere and started to take a familiar shape.

Maul...

I'm going to end on a cliffhanger for now! I honestly had such a blast with this chapter! It was so awesome to me that I can't fit it all in just one chapter! Chapter 2 will be posted sometime in the next week(Hopefully!)I will not post it tonight as the second half of the dream briefly mocks the events of Twin Suns. Please comment and tell me how it was! Reader feedback is a KEY ESSENTIAL for the story to continue. I hope you all enjoyed it!

With much love, the Lost Apprentice!!! :)