Chapter 2 - Hard Truths

Forewords

Hey guys! So first off I want to tell you about something new I'm implementing, but that's at the end of the chapter! Did you like Chapter 1? I hope you did! Following my previous warning in the first chapter the second half of the dream is based on the events of Twin Suns. If you haven't seen the episode please do! There is also the episode guide on the official Star Wars website. I bet you're ready for the story so here it is! Enjoy!

Flash Forward 1 Day

Hera's P.O.V.

I walked towards the rear of the Ghost and descended down the platform. I can't help but feel bad for Ezra after all that has happened. Ahsoka is gone, and that is that but Kanan isn't helping by becoming a recluse. Ezra blames himself and he clearly had that dream because he feels guilty. If no one else will do it, I will. Someone has to talk sense into Kanan, because he has clearly lost it. I pulled my wrist to my face and spoke into it, "Kanan come in, I repeat, come in. State your location ASAP, we need to talk."

Now all I had to do was wait, but there was no telling how long it could take.

Back in Ezra's Dream; Ezra's P.O.V.

Maul...

It took a minute for his shape to become fully defined, but I'd recognize those stone cold, evil golden eyes anywhere. It took him a second to realize where I was but when he did that straight face turned into a full on smile. One that I couldn't bear to look at after what he did.

"This is a surprise, Ezra Bridger, or should I say my apprentice.", he let out his evil cackle that from the first time I heard it always gave me the chills. I could feel the goosebumps all over my arms.

"You're delusional to think that I ever was, or ever will be your apprentice! Especially not after you betrayed me!", I yelled.

Maul let his smile drown into a smug look of disappointment, "I did not betray you, I merely betrayed your peers. I had no intention of blinding your master.", he said.

"Yeah, you only wanted to kill him!", I replied.

"Stubborn, stubborn Ezra. When will you grow to realize your place?!?", Maul was pissed now and there was no going back. The fire in his eyes grew evident as he ignited his blade and fell back into his fighting stance. I reached for my utility belt and realized I was useless. Vader destroyed my saber on Malachor.

As Maul went in for the first and final blow I closed my eyes, and covered my face cowering in fear. I awaited for the blade to hit but it never did.

"You're in the wrong place Ezra Bridger.", a voice had said. I looked up to see Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. I looked around for Maul and saw him in his stance again but he was frozen.

Master Kenobi gestured towards a lizard, and once I mounted it he pointed to the opposite direction. From there I left to find a ship off the planet.

The next thing I heard was Maul saying, "See you soon apprentice.", and I though in a million years. I was already too far away to see anything but I heard three lightsaber strikes and I knew the battle was over and Maul was gone.

"ezra...Ezra...Ezra...EZRA!"

Awake; Ezra's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes in a daze. I was so dizzy I felt like my head was a spinning top that kids had spun too much. As it calmed down and eased up I started to recognize colors and shapes. I saw...a lot of green. I soon was able to remember faces, it was Hera.

"Are you ok Ezra?", she asked.

"I honestly don't know. Something very strange just happened.", I replied.

"It seemed like you were having quite the dream or a terrible nightmare."

"It honestly was a bit of both.", I said.

"What happened Ezra? I was really worried.", Hera asked in her motherly tone that always makes me let my guard down.

"I saw Master Yoda, he gave me some advice I think. The problem is I can't tell what the advise was.", Hera looked at me in confusion.

"Short little green guy? Pointy ears? Talks backwards?", Hera held up her hand.

"Yeah, I've heard of him. But why were you freaking out in your dream? Was someone about to hurt you?"

"Maul...", I whispered.

"Well I have to go lieutenant, I'll let Commander Sato you're on leave today.", she said giving a very generous offer.

"Thanks Hera, hey and if you see Kanan tell him I'm sorry and that he can put my training on hold as long as he needs it to be.", I said. She nodded at me and then had a look of disappointment on her face. I headed to Sabine's cabin and knocked on her door.

"Coming!", I heard her voice faintly through the cabin doors.

She opened the door and sighed, "Hey Ezra, what do you want?", I felt very welcomed. Notice the sarcasm?

"I have a favor to ask.", I held up some scissors and snipped off a lock of my hair. Sabine smiled.

"Come in, you came to the right place Bridger.", she replied.

Hera's P.O.V.

"Near the border of the base, behind the munition and supply manifest.", he replied.

I was off walking to the other side of the base. Ever since Kanan and Ezra arrived home from Malachor the whole environment of the Ghost crew was different. Captain Rex seemed way more down and less enthusiastic. Ezra is now more of a tread careful and follow me type, and Kanan has become an old hermit who hangs out with spiders. I hate saying that about him but it's true.

I emerged from the inside of the manifest. I saw Kanan meditating.

"Kanan!", I said quietly.

"Hello Hera. I haven't talked to you in a couple days.", he replied.

"It's kind of difficult if you're out here. Just because you're going through a tough situation doesn't mean everyone else's lives go on hold.", I said back.

"I never said that-", he tried to answer before I interrupted.

"You didn't have to say it. Actions speak louder than words. The Ghost crew is missing you, and with out you, the cookie crumbles. It's hard on me as much as the next person but you're more than Ezra's teacher. You're his father figure, and his guide. He's lost in the woods without you by his side.", I said crying. Kanan tried to rest his hand on my shoulder but I nudged it out of the way. 

"I didn't mean for all this.", he said.

"Oh yeah, then what are you still doing here? What are you going to do to fix it?", I yelled at him. 

I turned away and walked towards the sunset as Kanan turned the opposite way, picked up one of the sensor markers and went on his way.

Ok, truth time I died writing that fight! I ship Kanera so much but I feel like the story needed that fight to drive Kanan farther away to allow Ezra to go down his darker path. So, here is the new surprise! I am now doing a Q&A every 5 chapters! Any questions posted in the comments section with the hash tag #LAQ&A I will put into a Q&A every 5 chapters! There is no limit to what you can ask! Personal, story-related, etc.!!! Please comment what you thought about the chapter and questions for the Q&A! I hope you enjoyed the chapter as much as I did writing it!

With much love, the Lost Apprentice!!!