22

A year and a half later

Christiana

Walking out of my 2:30 class, I was happy to be free.

"Christiana!" hearing my name being called, I quickly turned around.

It was a guy I recognized from class, I didn't know his name and I wasn't too sure how he knew mine.

"Um, hey what's up?" I smiled at him, walking towards the car.

Dave was picking me up today, because I didn't feel like driving.

I never did on Tuesday's and Thursday's, I had a class that started at 9:30 and ended at 10:45, I sat around the campus until my 1:00, which ended at 2:15 to head to a 2:30 class that ended at 3:45 but he was cool, so we were out of there by 3.

I didn't want to converse with the boy, I wanted to sleep.

"You look beautiful today, I'm sure you know that but I wanted to remind you." He was nervous, and if I didn't have a family I would have probably fed into him.

"Thank you so much, look I have to go." I rushed, Dave didn't like when I made him wait.

"Um, maybe I can get your number. You're never around with anyone. We can be friends. I have a little clique. They cool." Nodding my head, he handed me his phone and I gave him my number.

Saying our goodbyes, I went to the car.

It would be nice to have friends on campus, I only talked to Majesty and Alexis, they were workers at "East", other than that I was always with Dave.

"Who the fuck was that?" Rolling my eyes, I turned to look at Kam.

"Hey mommy's lady bug." Smiling wide at her, her smile grew wider.

"I'm not gon' ask you again, who was that nigga?" He demanded.

He was not my dad.

"My boyfriend" I smirked, causing him to clench his jaw.

"Keep playing with me bruh, imma wring ya neck." He pulled out of the parking lot quickly heading to his store.

He was making good money with his sneaker store, due to the help of Camilla and the thirsty broads that found him cute.

He loved what he was doing, and I loved seeing him so happy.

We were doing good, better than good.

We argued less, and took a year to just fall in love with each other. Making it just about us and Kam.

That's how it was suppose to be.

"Wring my neck? That's a little violent. Baby, he's nobody. I don't even know his name. He said he sees me alone a lot and he hangs out with other people soooo, he was going to introduce me to them. That's all." He nodded his head, calming down.

"Yeah, you knew I would have fucked him up so you had to explain." He smirked looking at me quickly, before paying attention to the road.

"Right, that's what that was. You know I got hella heart eyes for you boy. I only want you." Placing my hand on top of his free hand.

"You better, you know we're in this forever." That made me smile so wide.

I was in love with the kid.

Turning on the radio, "All night" came on making Kam scream.

She couldn't talk, but she loved Beyonce.

"True love never has to hide, I trade your broken wings for mine! I seen your scars and kissed your crime!" I sung loudly to an annoyed Dave, while Kam just screamed.