Chapter Three - Home

-Your P.O.V.-

My father, brother, and I were all eating supper.

"Oh, Archie, I forgot to ask..." I started.

"Ask what?" Archie was slightly confused on what I meant.

"How did your date with Betty go? You know, when you took her to Pop's yesterday?" I teased.

"It wasn't a date," Archie clarified. "We decided to hang out after not seeing each other all summer."

"That doesn't really answer my question though," I said, losing the teasing tone.

"It went great, all we did was talk behind your back." Archie spoke with the same tone that I just lost.

"I mean it, how did it go?" I asked.

"It went well." Archie went back to being serious. "Betty and I met another girl who's new to town, Veronica."

"That's cool," I stated.

"What about you, kiddo? What did you do at Pop's today?" Asked my dad, joining the conversation.

"Well... I got a milkshake as usual," I said.

"Anything else happen?" Questioned Archie.

"I caught someone reading over my shoulder, and we had a conversation until you told me to come home," I told him.

"Who?" Archie asked.

"His name was Jughead," I clarified. "He asked if I was your sister."

"Stay away from him. We are not friends." Archie used a demanding tone as he spoke.

"Whatever you say," I lied. There was no way in hell that I was going to listen to Archie on this one.

"Good."

-Jughead's P.O.V.-

I went back to my small living space in the Twilight Drive-In. I couldn't help but think of all the ways that tomorrow could go wrong. Hell, it could go wrong today. That's what made me not know if I was glad or disappointed that I didn't get her number. If I did, I would be half-expecting a text about cancelling tomorrow, because of Archie.

I don't doubt that he already hates my guts.

Opening my laptop, I began to work on my novel a bit. Maybe I would ask [y/n] what she was writing, but I wasn't exactly low-key about reading it. Maybe not.