Chapter Seven - Coincidence

-Your P.O.V.-

Three days left until school starts. My lips still felt a bit weird from yesterday, but that's probably because I couldn't stop thinking of the kiss. Oh, and I had to keep reminding myself that I had a boyfriend named Jughead Jones, because I honestly still didn't believe it.

I thought about texting Jughead. I wanted to, but I didn't know what to say. Actually, I wanted to go and see Jughead, but I didn't want Archie to become suspicious.

Deciding to just go to Pop's for lunch, I packed my bag so I had my sketchbook, laptop, and wallet. As I arrived, I sat down and pulled out my sketchbook; today I felt like drawing. I was drawing there for about ten minutes, before a voice caught my attention.

"Fancy meeting you here," said the voice.

I looked up and I saw Jughead, with a smile plastered on his face. He slung his backpack into the booth so it was leaning against the wall, and sat across from me.

"Are you following me?" I laughed.

"Maybe," he used a joking tone, and his eyes shifted to my sketchbook. "Shit, you're good."

I laughed again. "Thanks."

"There's probably gonna be an assembly on the first day of school, we should sit together," Jughead suggested.

"Yeah, of course. Who else would I sit with?"

"Well... Your brother, who would probably hate to see the two of us together," said Jughead.

"Fair enough," I began. "What happened between you two anyways? If you don't mind me asking."

Jughead let out a sigh. "Did Archie ever mention his fourth of July plans to you?"

"No," I stated. Maybe he did, but I might not have been listening to him.

"Well, Archie and I were supposed to go on a road trip; he bailed on me at the last minute. He didn't talk to me about it afterwards, either." Jughead had a small amount of bitterness in his voice.

"My brother can be an ass," I said, unsure of what else to say.

"Whatever." Jughead shifted, inching a bit closer to me, even though there was still a table on between us. "It would be nice if he apologized, though."

I wanted to change the subject before it turned into the bitching-about-Archie club (there wasn't enough people for that). "You know how you said that you write?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you writing about?" I asked.

"Oh, uh, it's a novel... About what happened this summer with Jason Blossom."

"Huh," I said, not really expecting him to be writing about that.

Jughead tilted his head, making a confused expression. "What?"

"I just wasn't expecting that response," I laughed. "I'd like to figure out exactly what happened, but I thought it might be insensitive because I never knew him."

"Why don't you help me with the novel?" Jughead asked.

"Really? I'd love that," I told him.

Jughead smiled brightly. It was cute.

-Jughead's P.O.V.-

It was a little odd that I happened to run into her at Pop's. Not that I was complaining; I would rather see her in person than text her. Also, I was glad I that she was okay with helping me with my novel. I haven't really been letting anyone read it, and I thought that she was a good person to be the first reader. She wanted to know more about the case, and she writes well. It's a win-win situation.

However, something that I kept playing over in my head was Archie finding out. I thought it over, in quite a few different ways, and none of them went well. Archie could be overprotective, or he could think that I was only with her to get back at him for abandoning our plans. I really didn't want Archie to think that I was using his sister, but from his perspective, that's probably exactly what it looks like. Our relationship had formed a lot faster than I expected it to, which I assume looks ten times more suspicious to Archie.

Archie's dad was a different story, because Archie was the only real problem (not including my social status probably damaging her potential social status). Fred Andrews seemed oblivious to  what happened in between Archie and I, which is why if he found out, Archie probably would, too. Like, by Mr. Andrews asking [y/n] if she's going out with me the next time she has plans. Something subtle, but something that wouldn't go down well if Archie heard it.

After a while, we noticed that the neon lights surrounding the windows of the restaurant were making the sides of our faces glow red. It was kind of dark out, so I decided to walk her home. Neither of us had realized how late it was, and neither of us had bothered to check the time.

Exactly as last time, we parted a couple houses away from hers. Just as she was about to leave, I turned her face towards mine slightly, and kissed her on the cheek. I watched her face turn a light shade of pink, and I just smiled at her. She smiled back, said goodbye, and walked the rest of the way to her house. I stayed where I was, up until she was actually inside of her home, just to make sure she got there safely.