Chapter Fifteen - Growing Suspicions

(IMPORTANT!!!!: Two things. First, I'm changing my username, so I won't be juliacantchooseaname anymore. I'm now prinxehope. Second, and more importantly, I HAVE A NEW STORY!!!!! It's a Jimin x any gender reader so PLEASE go read it, the first chapter is out now!!!!! Honestly, BTS means the world to me so if y'all would go check it out I would greatly appreciate it

The story is called 'I Feel So Far Away - Park Jimin x reader 

Also thank you for reading, voting and commenting, I love you all and I love to chat with y'all!!)

-Jughead's P.O.V.-

The morning announcements weren't the usual droning that they normally are. Today, they were about the corpse and murder of Jason Blossom, and they also gave an alibi to Archie's innocence.

I caught him in the hallway; he was using a water fountain to flush his face. "Archie," I said, catching his attention. "Weirdest thing. This summer, we were supposed to go on a road trip, over July fourth weekend. Which you bailed on at the last minute. Is there something you wanna tell me, pal?"

-Your P.O.V.-

Jughead sat with me in biology and told me about the encounter he had in the hallway with my brother.

"Does this make Archie a murder suspect?" I whispered.

"Well, you can't say that that isn't the least bit suspicious," Jughead spoke with the same volume as me.

"I guess..."

We stopped talking the second Archie walked in, and in that same second, one biology desk behind us, Cheryl Blossom started getting interrogated by some other girls. Jughead and I nonchalantly listened in on the girls practically accuse Cheryl of Jason's murder. Cheryl almost snapped at them, and Jughead and I just looked at each other. You know, like the way people do in cartoons and television shows.

Anyways, for the remainder of the class, we kept an eye on Cheryl, because of her apparent minor psychotic outbreak (seeing her stare at the girls who were now at our table whilst stabbing violently into a frog's hard sternum was concerning).

At lunch we sat together, separate from most of the school, discussing anything and everything we could. Jason, Cheryl, Archie, anyone else that stood out as a suspect. Jughead nearly forgot to eat his lunch, and only realized because I rested my head on his shoulder after finishing mine.

"One night, we should have a movie marathon," I suggested. "Distract ourselves from the endless drama of Riverdale."

Jughead chuckled and agreed. "What kind of movie marathon?"

"Eighties movies? Horror movies? The entire Harry Potter series? B movies?"

"Okay, definitely not B movies," Jughead laughed.

"Why not? There's some that sound pretty interesting."

"Oh yeah?"

I googled 'b-list movies'. "Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, Hell Comes to Frogtown, Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead..."

"Okay, okay, I get it, they're all low-budget commercial films," Jughead interrupted. "Though, I might have to name one of the chapters of my novel after the second one you named."

I chuckled. "Okay."

"Hold on, I gotta go to the washroom, I'll be right back," Jughead said, standing up.

"Okay, I'll be here."

-Jughead's P.O.V.-

On my way to the washroom, I walked passed the music room. Out of the corner of my eye, in the window looking into the music room, I saw what looked to be Miss Grundy and someone wearing blue and yellow. Blue and yellow. Archie's blue and yellow letterman jacket. I stopped dead in my tracks and took a few steps back.

Peeking in through the window, I realized that what I thought I saw was correct. Archie was with Ms. Grundy, and not simply as student and teacher. I internally debated on whether or not to tell [y/n] and decided that I'll tell her later, in a place more private.

After I got back from the washroom, I asked her a question. "Hey, do you think I could come over after school today? Just so we can talk without anyone eavesdropping."
"Probably, I don't think Archie would be too happy with that, though."

"So, no?"

"I'm sure you can sneak in again, as long as you sneak back out before falling asleep."

"Alright," I said, giving a small chuckle.

-Your P.O.V.-

It was after school, and Archie had just left to get the takeout from Pop's. I texted Jughead beforehand, so he could make his way from the drive in and still be here before Archie gets back. Though I told him to wait at least a block away until I texted him that Archie had left, so I informed him.

Not getting a text back, five minutes later I heard a knock at my bedroom window. Of course, it was Juggie. Opening the window, I let him inside.

"God, I can't wait until we don't have to hide this from your family," Jughead said as he fixed himself. "Windows are difficult."

I laughed, half from finding that funny, and half out of pity.

Kissing him quickly, I asked him a question. "What was it that was so secretive we couldn't talk about it at school?"

"I'm not sure that I should even be telling you this in the first place... I sure as hell wasn't supposed to know."

"Juggie, what is it?" I asked, voice slightly concerned.

"This may sound third-grade, but you have to promise not to tell anyone." Jughead was confusing me.

"I promise."

"At lunch, when I left to go to the bathroom, I saw something when I walked past the music room."

"Which was?" I prompted, growing impatient.

"Um... Well... What I saw was..." Jughead proceeded to tell me about seeing Archie and Miss Grundy together.

"Wait... What!?" I tried to keep my voice quiet, but it was difficult considering that I just found out that my own damn brother is having a damn affair with the damn music teacher.

It took a quite a while for me to fully process what Jughead had told me. "...Do you think we should confront him about it?"

"I plan to, but I'm not mentioning you. That'll either cause you to get in trouble with your brother, me to get in trouble with your brother, or both of us to get in trouble with your brother." Jughead sighed. "Most likely the last one."

"Fair enough..." I trailed off. "Why don't you talk to him tonight? Wait on the front steps or something? No one would overhear you that way. No one but me, with my window that just so happens to be open."