Chapter Six - Movie Night

(Guys thank you so much for all of the reads!! It's honestly amazing and I love you all, which is why I'm sad to inform you that updates might be a little slower than what they were. I wrote the beginning over March break, so I had a lot of time to write, but I don't have as much time ever since school started up again, so my apologies!)

-Your P.O.V.-

Today was the bland kind of day that you would expect from a town like Riverdale. Bleak and uneventful. That is, up until eight o'clock PM.

After another day of doing next-to-nothing, I took a shower and got ready. I wore one of my favorite outfits, and a very small amount of makeup, as a confidence-booster.

"I'm gonna go see a movie!" I hollered to my dad as I was about to step out the door.

"Okay, don't be too late!"

I left my house at a time where I knew I wasn't going to be late—preferably, I would be a bit early—just by walking there. It was a little too cold for comfort, but it was tolerable. However, I definitely regretted not wearing a jacket.

As I got closer to the drive-in, I saw that Jughead was waiting for me in a spot that I would be able to see him. He waved and smiled once he noticed me.

"Hey Jughead," I greeted.

"Hey, follow me." Jughead lead me to the room where he worked.

I was expecting the room to be filled with movies, and things for movies that are not really used anymore that I should probably know the names of. Instead, it was a living space. A living space with things for movies all over.

"I, uh, I forgot to mention that I live here..." Jughead got quieter at the end of his sentence.

"Oh okay," I said.

Jughead seemed a bit surprised by my response. "You aren't going to judge me?"

"Why would I?" I was confused on why he would think that.

Jughead just smiled at me. It wasn't hard to tell that it was genuine. He started setting up the movie, so I took the chance to look around a bit.

I noticed that he left his laptop open, and I glanced at the screen. The screen displayed writing which, I'm assuming, was his own. Unable to really read it, I just looked at it for a couple seconds. It looked well-written, and I thought that this might be why he read my writing in the first place.

After Jughead set up the movie, he pulled up another chair beside the one that it looks like he usually sits in (which looked more comfortable).

"M'lady," Jughead said as he gestured for me to sit in the more comfortable chair.

I laughed a bit and sat down.

"Sorry I didn't give you much of a choice for a movie," he laughed nervously, sitting in the other chair.

"It's alright, don't worry about it. I've been meaning to watch this movie," I said with a smile.

"Oh, okay." He smiled back. It really wasn't hard to tell that he was nervous, but it was cute.

We were about fifteen minutes into the movie before he spoke again.

"I have snacks in case you want any," he stated, getting out a couple different kinds of junk food.

I laughed a bit and said, "Sweet."

"And sour," he joked, holding up a bag of those round sour cherry candies.

I laughed a bit more, and he looked kind of proud of himself. After that, we ended up drifting into conversation as opposed to watching the movie.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what were you writing?" Jughead questioned. "You know... When we met."

"Uh, it was just a short story I was using as writing practice," I told him.

"I see," he shifted a bit in his seat. "I write too. That's why I, um, read your writing..."

"We can be even, if you let me read your writing," I suggested.

"Alright," Jughead said cheerfully.

The movie's credits were rolling before we could realize the movie was even over. Then, Jughead did something that I really didn't expect to happen.

I felt warm, soft lips collide with my own, not even for three seconds. With a lack of time to process what had just happened, I must have had a shocked expression.

Jughead's expression quickly turned to worried as he began to speak. "I am so, so sorry..."

Not knowing what to say, I leaned in and kissed him. It slightly startled him at first, but he eased rather quickly. We broke apart after about fifteen-to-twenty seconds. He looked a little red, and I had no doubt I looked the same.

"Are... Are we...? You know..." Jughead stuttered.

I nodded. "I-if that's what you want."

Jughead noticed that the movie was over and took it out.

"I can walk you home if you're okay with that..." Jughead offered awkwardly.

I nodded again. Walking home, the awkwardness seemed to disintegrate. We approached my house and parted before he could be in Archie's sight.