Chapter Sixteen - Commotion

(GUESS WHAT!!!!

I made an Instagram for stuff relating to my fanfictions and whatnot, so please follow it! It's the same username as my wattpad (prinxehope) and if you DM me or comment saying you came from my wattpad I'll be sure to follow you back!! You might get some sneak peeks of upcoming new chapters for this fanfiction, other fanfictions, and entirely new fanfictions! So please go follow it! Also, thank you all so much for your reads, votes and comments. They really make me happy and I am very thankful for all of you. I try to follow as many of you as I can and to reply to as many comments as I can, so thank you so so so so so much!!

Also, I feel like I've already used a similar picture but I'm too lazy to check so y'all are just gonna have to deal with it lmao <3

Edit: lmao I posted this without a title at first, sorry lol)

-Your P.O.V.-

Approximately five minutes had passed since Jughead left to sit on the front steps. My window was open so I could listen, but I refrained from peeking in order to not get caught by Archie.

"Jug? What's up?" I could hear my confused brother say. I listened in the best I could.

"What's up is I saw you, Archie," Jughead started. "In the music room. With Miss Grund--"

"Keep your voice down, my dad and sister are both inside," Archie interrupted, alarmed.

"I'm trying to help you, dude. I'm trying to be your friend here, even though we're not anymore." Jughead paused. "How long? You and Grundy?"

There was a small but painful silence.

"Since the summer."

Another awful pause.

"I like her," Archie added, not helping himself in this situation.

Jughead scoffed. "So I'm guessing she's the reason you've been acting weird since summer?"

"One of them."

What the hell does that mean? I got as close to my open window as possible to make sure I wouldn't hear anything incorrectly.

"One of them? There's more?"

"We were at Sweetwater River on July fourth."

I covered my mouth before I could gasp.

Archie continued to speak. "We heard a gunshot. The gunshot."

"Dude, you have to tell somebody." By the tone Jughead was using, I could tell he was wide-eyed and shocked.

"I can't," insisted Archie. "Neither can you. If people find out about Grundy--"

"A kid is dead, Archie," Jughead snapped. "And you're worried about some... some cougar!"

"Don't call her that, okay? She's not like that. She cares about me." Archie defended.

"Stab in the dark, I'm guessing she cares more about herself. She's the one who's telling you not to say anything, right?" Jughead sighed. "Look. I saw you guys. She's messing with you, man. And she's messing with your mind."

"What the hell do you know about it, Jughead? Or about me, even?"

"Nothing." I could hear in his voice that Jughead gave up. "But I used to know this guy once, Archie Andrews. He wasn't perfect, but he always tried to do the right thing, at least."

"Jug. If you tell anyone about this..."

"What? What are you gonna do?" Jughead said. Not gonna lie, the way he said that was kinda hot.