Chapter Five - Date?

(Okay here's the real chapter that I tried to post yesterday but ended up posting the same chapter twice lol. Thanks again to audrenalina for pointing it out, because I wouldn't have noticed otherwise!)

-Jughead's P.O.V.-

The next day, I woke up. I couldn't help but think of all the ways that yesterday went right. A sense of ease washed over me every time that I thought about it. On the other hand, if we were to end up together, we would have to hide from Archie. We'd have to hide from both of our families most likely, but most importantly Archie. Maybe we could become Riverdale's no-name brand Romeo and Juliet (Jason Blossom and Polly Cooper being the real ones).

Anyways, I waited a while to text her. Partially because I didn't want to text her so fast that it would be off-putting, partially because I was unsure of what to say. Both reasons made me feel like a teenage girl, though.

I finally thought of what to say, and hated myself for it because it was so simple.

-Your P.O.V.-

I was a little out of it while eating breakfast this morning. Zoning out every-so-often, I noticed myself holding onto the time that I had with Jughead. The way he smiled, the way he laughed.

Shit.

Of course, I was gaining feelings for the first person that I met here. One of the many people that my brother told me not to go near.

"So, [y/n], did you have fun with Betty yesterday?" Asked my father.

"Yeah," I answered.

"What did you two do?" My dad continued.

"Oh, we just stayed in her room for most of the time, talking." I untruthfully stated.

"About what?" Archie cut in.

"Boys. Attractive boys. Available boys." I used the mocking tone that Archie and I would use almost everyday with each other.

"No boys for you," Archie said.

Our dad agreed.

"Okay," I lied.

"Really? That easy?" Archie was a little surprised that I agreed.

"Yup. Besides, what we were really talking about was you. Nothing good, though." I smirked.

"Oh ha ha," Archie said flatly.

After a couple hours of sitting around the house doing nothing, I got a text. I was hoping it was Jughead, but I was expecting it to be someone from my old town.

To my surprise, it was actually Jughead.

'Hey' it read.

'Heyo'

'What's up?'

'Not much. You?'

It was going like every other conversation I've had with a person that I've just met a couple days prior.

'Same here, I'm at work'

-Jughead's P.O.V.-

"At work" meaning I was just sitting there while a movie played.

'Where do you work?'

'At the Twilight Drive-In'

'Oh sweet, I don't think I've ever been there'

I was hesitant to send my next message.

'Do you want to maybe see a movie with me then?'

'Yeah, that would be nice'

Oh thank God.

'I'll have to sneak you into where I work, though. Is that okay?'

'Lmao yeah'

'What day? And what time?'

'What works for you?'

'Tomorrow at 9:00?'

'That works :)'

After agreeing to the time and date that I suggested, she sent another text before I could respond. It said that she had to go because her father had just called on her to help make supper.

The movie was over by the time she left.

-Your P.O.V.-

I was beaming. Optimistic, I had no way to disprove that Jughead had just asked me out on a date. In all honesty, it made me kind of lightheaded. I've only been in this town for just over a week, and I'm going on a date. One-hundred percent unexpected.