Chapter 1: The Game is Afoot

The year was 1891. Storm clouds were brewing over Europe. France and Germany were at each others throats. The result of a series of bombings. Some said it was nationalists, Others the anarchists. 
But as usual Sherlock Holmes had a different theory entirely. 

In the bustling streets of London, a man, carrying a package, walks along the street as the paperboy shouts out the news of a bombing at Strasbourg.

At one point he passes by a woman, who takes the package from his hands and walks the other direction. The woman in question is Irene Adler. As she walk along, she catches the eye of a female beggar. The beggar, who's head is covered by a hood and a shroud covering her face only able to see her (e/c) eyes, gets up to her feet and follow Irene a few miles.

Irene, sensing someone was following her, stops and looks over her shoulder but doesn't see anyone suspicious. She shrugs and continues on until someone walks up next to her. "When did you start working for the postal service, sister dear?" She hears a familiar female voice ask. She looks over and sees the familiar (e/c) eye staring at her.

She smiles as she says. "That was you back there. A shame your activities have landed you in the gutter." You chuckle as you and your sister continue to walk along the busy street. "A curious parcel, who is the intended recipient?" You ask as you take the parcel out of her hands. She smirks and said. "Why don't we discuss that over dinner? We have alot of catching up to do."

 "I'm free for lunch." You replied.

"Hmmm. I'm not." She replied. "How about Savoy? Eight o'clock?"  

"Splendid!" You said with a small smile as you two turn a corner.

You look around and move in closer to Irene and whispered. "Three men have been following you for the last half mile. Their motive....highly unsavoiry." The two of you look around as she whispers to you. "No." And she leads you down to an alleyway when at that moment, four men start to walk out and swarm around you and your sister.

"Oh, by the way.....they're not pursuing me, they're escorting me. And instead of three, it seems to be....ah four." Irene said as she takes back the parcel from your hand, stands in front of you and smiles. "Steady hands with that, Irene." You warned.

"Oh, I don't think it's my hands you've to worry about." She said as the men start to walk closer to you.

"Oh, how I love playing your games, Irene." You said, sarcastically. She smiles at you then looks at the men and said. "Now, be careful with the face, boys. Go little easy on her. After all she is my sister and we have a family dinner tonight." She smiles and waves at you and begins to walk away.

One of the men comes up to you and pulls the hood off of your head. You blink in the sunlight as another man walks up to you and grabs the shroud from your face and pulls it off, revealing the rest of your face. "Now, gentlemen, you wouldn't hurt a lady, would you?" You asked, little nervously.

The men continued to circle you, one of them chuckled while a couple others cracked their knuckles. Then one of them starts to whistle Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. Something about that made you feel unnerved, you weren't quite sure why. The whistling man stops as they move closer to you until another voice starts to whistle the rest of the song.

"Four men against one woman?" A voice asked. The men turn around and you sigh with relief as you see your rescuer. "Rather unfair, I would say." Holmes said.

One of the men runs over to him but he was able to dodge the man, who falls face forward on the ground. You look over at the man standing in front and punched him across the face. The man stumbles back then charges at you but you duck and the man hits the wall that's behind you. You smile as you run over to Holmes, who is struggling with a man that's trying to punch him but Holmes is blocking his attacks. You kick the back knees of the man and he screams out as his knee buckles. You grab the man's shoulder and drag him away from Holmes.