Chapter 4: A Train Ride

Watson's and his newlywed wife walk along the train station and got to Platform 7, arms looped around each other. "Which coach are we?" Mary asked Watson. "It should be....here." said Watson as he points his cane at the open door of a first class coach.

"Ooh, first class." She said, impressed, and she walks in. Watson smiles as he looks down the platform and sees a group of soliders boarding train. 'Odd.' Watson thought. 'I wonder....'  "Hurry up, Doctor Watson, your wife needs you." Mary whispered, seductively. Watson looks over at her and said with a smile. "Coming, Mrs Watson." And he climbs in the soldiers driven out of his mind.

They enter the coach and the first thing Mary sees is a bottle of champagne. "First class, champagne. You know who to spoil a girl, Mr Watson." Mary said, smiling, as she holds up the cold bottle. "You're not just any girl." Watson replied as he peeks his head out of the door and into the hallway of the train, checking to see if everything was clear.

Being friends with Sherlock Holmes has made him more cautious of things. He hears a knock and looks down to the hall and sees the back of a woman's head. She had long curly blonde hair and wearing a black dress with a hat on. "I'm sorry madam, you can't use the lavatory while the train is in station." The train conductor said and he walks away while the woman still stands by the lavatory.

Watson glares at this suspiciously then turns back towards his wife and shuts the sliding door. "You're Mrs Watson." He said to Mary. They stare at each other for a few moment until he looks down and says. "Give me that bottle." Mary hands him the champagne and begins to open it.

As the night and the train ride wore on, Mary and Watson were enjoying their time alone. Mary is sitting on Watson's lap, the two of them kissing. "John, there is no where else in the world I'd rather be." Mary whispers to him. "There's no one I'd rather be with." He whispers back to her. Mary's hand travels to Watson back until she feels something in the back of his trousers.

She grabs the object and pulls it out and see that it is a gun. "Why do you have a gun stuffed in the back of your trousers?" She asked. Watson chuckles and said. "Old habits." Mary was about to lean in to kiss him until there was a knock at the door.

Mary jumps off of Watson and takes the seat next to him. Watson clears his throat and said. "Come in." The door opens and a waiter with another bottle of champagne comes in. "Oh yes please!" Mary said, excitedly, but Watson was suspicious.

"We didn't order that." He said, firmly.

"Compliments, sir." The waiter said. Mary bites her lip and smiles.

"Thank you. Put it over there." Watson said, pointing to the other side of the carriage.

The man walks in and shuts the door. The lights flicker for a moment and the man turns around towards Wataon, a knife in his hand. The man charges his hand at Watson but he stops the man before the knife makes contact with his skin. Mary stands back in fright as Watson fights back. The man raises his other arm but Watson blocks it with his other arm. Then he grabs the hand, that has the knife, stands up and push the man agaisnt the seat.

Mary aims Watson's gun at the man and said. "Open the door, John."

Watson raises an eyebrow at her then goes to open the other side door. "I think it's time for you to leave." Mary said to the man. Watson pulls the man up by the collar and throws him out of the carriage. Watson looks over at his wife and said. "Sit down."

She does as she's told and Watson takes his gun from her hand. She places her hand over her mouth, in shock at what she done, then looks up at her husband. He raises his finger to his lips and slowly places his hand on the handle of the door. He stands there for a few seconds then opens it and looks around the hallway.