Chapter 5: Arriving in Paris

You and the boys were riding in a horse carriage when you three come up to a group of people, who were the gypsies that you were looking for. Watson stops the carraige and turns to Holmes, who has placed his forehead against his fingers, and said. "Wake up, we're here."  

"Brace yourself, we're about to be violated." Holmes warned him. Watson chuckles and said. "Don't be so cynical." He turns to the people and asked, in French, about Madam Simza. They said. "Yes sir." to him in french and Watson nods and said. "Perfect." Next moment, you and the boys were walking across the forest with a group of gypsies surrounding you. "They're taking my luggage." Watson said. "Laugh them away, Watson." You said. "Besides I have her bag." Holmes said and he hands the huge pink bag to one of the gypsies and said. "This is her bag." And the man takes it and walks away. "You had her bag." Watson said just as a man came up and took his coat.

"Now they have my coat." he said, annoyed. A couple of people pulled you and Holmes away from Watson, who continues to ask about Madam Simza and where she is. One man laughs and points at a goose that was sitting on the lap of a sleeping old man and said. "That is Simza." The man laughs as Watson looks over at you and Holmes with a tight smile and laughs. "Sims is a goose." And everyone around chuckles.

The man standing in front of Watson points at himself and said. "I'm Sims." And everyone begins to gather around you and the boys as they continue to chuckle. "Nice scarf." The man said and he pulls the scarf off of Watson and wraps it around his neck. "I like." He said which made Watson snap and he punched the man right across the face, making the man fall down to the ground. Everyone stopped smiling and a couple of people stopped playing the violin as they all stared at Watson.

Holmes begins to laugh as Watson looks around him, uncomfortably, while you look around, as well, and wrap your hand around the hidden gun in your pocket, ready for anything to go horribly wrong. "It is about her brother." Holmes said to them in French and a woman, which you recognized from the club the other night, pushes her way through the crowd, her bag returned in her hand. "You hungry?" She asked Holmes. "Famished." Holmes replied, quickly.

Later, you and the boys were sitting in her tent and eating a bowl of hedgehog goulash. "Madam, this is a glorious hedgehog goulash. I can't remember ever having had better." Holmes praised as you and Watson stare at him. "Do tell us....when was the last time that you had hedgehog goulash?" You asked him. "I told you, dear, I can't remember." He replied. "Perhaps you repressed it." You whispered to him, making Watson chuckle.

"That's where we differ, unlike you and Watson, I repress nothing." Holmes said. You smile as Watson said. "Perfectly normal." And he sets his bowl down. "How dare you two be rude to this woman who's invited us into her tent?" said Holmes. "Says the man who throws women from trains." Watson remarked. Holmes stops and stares at Watson for a few seconds until Simza speaks up. "Who are you three?"

"Concerned citizens." Holmes replied. "Why did someone try to kill me?" She asked. "Your brother has become involved with a very dangerous man. He clearly believes that Rene has told you something you shouldn't know." You replied. She glares at you three and said, plainly. "I don't know anything. I've been looking for him for over a year. That was why I was in London. It was the last place anyone saw him."  "It's clear that your brother loves you...so he would never send you a message that would put you in harm's way any information therefore would be by default....unintentional." Holmes said.

"Has he sent you anything else?" Watson asked her. She looks off to the side for a moment then replied. "Just a few drawings." "Let's see what they have to tell us." Holmes said.

She pulls out a stack of paper and hands it to the man, who took Watson's scarf, next to her and hands them to him who hands it to Holmes. "Unusual choice of paper." Holmes remarked as he looks through the drawing which were of buildings and a lighthouse. "Thicker gauge design for a printing press." He said as he hands you and Watson a drawing to look at. "The same stock as the letter." Watson remarked. You lifted one paper to your nose and sniffed it. "They smell musty." You said. "Must be been store somewhere cold and damp."

You look over and see Holmes holding up a paper with a red stain on the corner of the paper. "What's that? Blood?" Watson asked as he too saw the stain. Holmes runs his finger of the stain then raises it to his mouth and licks it. "Wine. So a wine cellar located near a printing press. That should narrow it down." Simza looks at him for a moment then turns to the man standing next to her.

"He said he would never go back." The man said to her in french. "There is a wine cellar used by the anarchist group, La paver'. (A/N: I have no idea if I spelled that right, it's in French and I'm guessing I did spell it wrong so I'm very sorry for that.) Rene was close to their leader." She replied. "Claude Ravache." Holmes said. "A bomb maker." Watson stated. "We sampled someone his work last week." You said with a smile at Simza. "I was part of the movement so was Rene until it became too extreme for us. Ravache knows me. If my brother's back there, he will see us. He will send a message." Simza said and she turns to the man. "I will set the meeting with Ravache." He said in French and walks out of the tent.

Simza grabs a bottle of wine and begins to drink from it. Holmes sits up and whispered to you and Watson. "Whatever you do, don't let these gypsies make you drink." You and Watson smirk while Holmes grabs the bottle from Simza and begins to drink from it. Simza asked Watson. "You dance?"  You and Holmes look over at Watson and you whisper. "For God's sake, don't dance. It will be the death of you." Holmes takes another drink from the bottle while Simza offers her hand to Watson and leads him outside as you hear music being played. "You know what happens when you dance." Holmes shouted after him. You walk over to the window and watch as Watson dances around with the gypsies. You shake your head and laugh at this.

"He should be out there dancing with his wife, not with some gypsies." You said as your smile drops. "Hmm." Holmes hummed. "Watson. He should be with his wife." You replied. "I know but we must take care of Moriarty first." Holmes said as he walks up behind you. You turn around and look up him. He looks around for a moment then raises his hand out towards you. "Might I have this dance?" He asked.

You laugh and take his hand and the two of you begin to dance. He wraps his arm around your waist while the other hand held your right hand and you place your left hand on his shoulder as the two of you begin to waltz. You chuckle as he twirls you around and you continue to dance. Even though, the music outside was very fast pace and happy, you and Holmes treated it like a slow song was being played as Holmes wraps his arms around your waist and you wrap yours around his neck. The two of you lean your foreheads against each other as you two slowed danced.

Then Holmes leans in and kisses you, You kiss back and the two of you stop dancing. You break the kiss and look him in the eyes. "(Y/N), I love you." He said with a small smile. You smile back as you felt your heart burst from your chest. This was the first time he had said those words to you. "I love you, too, Holmes." You said and you lean in to kiss him again.