Chapter 7: The Factory and Saving Holmes

You and the boys were hiding behind some boxes as you watch soldiers march past you. Once they leave you and the boys stand up and Holmes looks over at Watson and asked. "Are you happy?" Watson looks over at him as he pulls out his gun and said. "What?"  

"At this moment. Are you as happy as you would be on your honeymoon in Brighton?" Holmes asked, a slight smile playing at his lips. "I'm not gonna grace that question with an answer." Watson replied, obviously annoyed. Holmes looks off to the side for a moment then asked, again. "Are you happy?"  

"Are we here for another reason? I think we are." said Watson. "Should we get on?" You said. "It was a simple question." Holmes remarked. "Are we gonna do something or wait for them to come back around?" You asked him. "What time is it?" asked Holmes. Watson pulls out his pocket watch, looks at it and said. "Three fifteen."  

"Over there in the rest of the part of the complex should be a telegraph office, send this to Mycroft. Be back here on the hour." Holmes ordered as he hands you a folded up piece of paper. "No, I'm coming with you." You argued. "No, I need you with Watson, that way I know you're safe." Holmes replied.

You were about to argue with him again but he raises an eyebrow at you. You close your mouth as you knew when Holmes has his mind made up there is no point in arguing. You wrap your arms around his neck and hug him while he wraps his arms around you. "Just promise me you'll come back in one piece." You whispered to him, making him chuckle. You move your head to look up at him and he leans in to kiss you. "I promise." He whispers to you once he breaks the kiss. You smile at him and break away from the embrace and you and Watson, who was happy for you two but also uncomfortable at this moment, run the other direction and head over to the telegraph office.

You and Watson casually walk along the street as you past by a group of people. You and Watson turn to the left and walk up the steps of the office building. You grabbed the knob but found it to be locked. "It's locked." You muttered. "Allow me." said Watson. You move out of his way as he picks up his leg and kicks the door open and the two of you walk in.

You walk up to another door to what looked like an office and opened the door with ease. You and Watson walk up to the telegraph and you hand him the paper Holmes gave you and Watson began to send the message to Mycroft.

Once he was finished with the telegraph the two of you hurry out of the office. You close the front door of the building and you and Watson walk back out on the streets like nothing happened. 

You make it to the spot Holmes told you two to met him at but he is nowhere to be found. You look up and see a note attached to a box. You pull it off and opened it. "Come at once if convenient." You read as Watson looks over your shoulder. You flip the note and read. "If inconvenient, come all the same." You and Watson let out a sigh and you open the note to reveal a drawing of a Lighthouse.

"Isn't this one of Rene's drawings?" You asked Watson. Watson nods as the two of you look up and see the same lighthouse just down the street. You and Watson began to make a run for it.

The two of you walk inside the factory and see hundreds of what looked like bombs to you. "My God." You whisper as you two walk out of the factory and walk back outside where you look down and see the lighthouse. You hold up the drawing and look up at the building. "That's gotta be it." You said and the two of you begin to walk but you hear a gun being cocked and you see a man aiming a gun at you and Watson.

"Halt." He said in an Germany accent. "On your knees." You and Watson do as he says and hold up your hands. The man begins to talk to you two in Germany when suddenly he falls.over from a bullet. You and Watson get up off your knees and run for cover.