Chapter 2: Stag Night and Wedding Day

That night, you and Holmes went to the Savory at eight o'clock like Irene said. Both of you get a table and you sit and waited for Irene. At one point you thought you heard Irene's laugh so you look over your shoulder, but it was a different woman coming in the restaurant. You sigh as you turn back around and faced the table.

Holmes pulls out his watch and noticed it was fifteen minutes past eight. You shake your head at this and muttered some curse word Holmes couldn't make out. He takes your hand and said. "I'm sorry." You give him a small smile as he kisses the back of your hand.

"Looks like it's just us, tonight. And I'm fine with that, if you are." Holmes said.

"That's fine with me as well." You said and the both of you pick up napkins, Holmes places it on his chest and stuffs the edge of it in his shirt, like a bib, and you place yours over your lap as Holmes gestures for a waiter and the two of you begin to dig into a wonderful meal, your sister's absent brushed out of your mind.

Few days later, you were in your bedroom, getting dressed for the day and applying your makeup when you heard the front door open and a voice calling out. "Mrs Hudson! Oooh Mrs Hudson!" You smile as you recognize the voice.

You get up, run out the door and look down to see Gladstone bounding up the stairs. "Hey, Gladstone!" You said as you get down on your knees and pet him. You look up and see Watson walking up the stairs behind the dog.

"Watson!" You said, happily.

"(Y/N)! How lovely to see you!" He said as he walks over to you.

You stand up and the two old friends hug each other. "How's Mary?" You ask. "She's doing well. Is Holmes around?" He asked. "Last I checked he was still in his flat." You replied. "Oh, I'm surprise you two aren't living in the room. Since, you two are...." Watson trailed off and you chuckle.

"I don't think he's ready for that step yet. We're just taking it slow, day by day." You replied. Watson nods then heads towards Holmes's door.

He knocks with his cane and said. "Holmes, are you in there?" He doesn't hear anything and places his hand on the knob.

"Oh, Watson, by the way I should warn you...." You said but Watson opens the door and sees what looks like a jungle inside of Holmes's flat. Watson laughs.

"Your hedge needs trimming." He remarked making you chuckle.

Both of you make your way in the flat, pushing away the limbs and leafs out of your face and hearing wildlife inside. "I don't care where you are, as long as you're ready." Watson said as you two make your way into the middle of the room.

Watson looks over to the side and sees, by the window, the back of Holmes's head, staring out at the window. "I'm not gonna play this game." Watson said as you two walk over to the window. "Remember I have to catch the last...."  

"Ah! Son of a...." You shouted, through gritted teeth. Watson looks over at you and sees a small thin arrow sticking out onnyour shoulder. Watson looks around the room when another small arrow hits him in the shoulder.

"Train." He said with a look that says 'seriously?' on his face. "Oh, oh that's you there I'm afraid." You hear Holmes's voice say as Watson picks up a paper and sit in a chair.

"You win. I lose, game over." Watson said, unenthused.

He holds up the paper when another arrow shoots him in the chest. "Still don't see me." Holmes said as Watson puts the paper down, an annoyed look on his face.

Holmes laugh as you look over and see that he has used a suit to camouflage himself into the background. "What a surprise." Holmes said as he walks over to you two and pulls off the hood from his face.