CH 9

"Hi."

Mina, who was busy writing notes, heard a voice she was very familiar with. Her body seemed to tense up which had become like an involuntary response every time she sees or hears that certain person. She didn't want to look up but she knew she had to, so she did.

"Yes?"

"Mind if I sit here?"

Mina wanted to say no and just walked out right then and there. However, she ended up shrugging.

"Thanks."

"What do you want, Nayeon?" Mina said with a poker face.

Nayeon gently pulled the chair out of the table and sat across Mina. She then laid down a book she took out from one of the library shelf, in front of her and leaned forward with her arms resting on it. She looked straight at Mina's face and smiled, a real happy smile.

"Nothing. Just wanna know how you're doing." She answered. Her smile never faltered.

Mina looked away; her eyes scanning all corners of the library trying to find her best friends who left her a minute before Nayeon came, saying they need to get some books for their assignment. Mina was sure they planned this; she rolled her eyes at the thought. She made a mental note to make her best friends pay for it later on.

"Mina?" Nayeon softly called.

"I'm fine." Mina nonchalantly said as she looked back down on her notebook and started scribbling. She wasn't really working on her notes, but rather just making up random sentences so as to show Nayeon she wasn't interested in her presence, "I am always fine."

"Mina please..." Nayeon said. Her happy face turned into a sad one.

Mina couldn't take it any longer. She wasn't ready for this yet. She always tells everybody and herself that she was fine but she knew deep down that it was a big freaking lie. Now, here she is, face to face with the person who was the reason of her misery, in a freaking library where she couldn't scream and shout; moreover cause a scene.

She took a deep breath in as her hands started to tremble and her grip on her pen getting tighter each passing second.

Nayeon didn't fail to notice this so she reached over Mina's hands and held it with her own.

"What? Why do you even care?" Mina said through gritted teeth. She didn't want to attract attention from other students in the library and she was somehow thankful they were sitted at the far end of the room.

"After all these months, you're just gonna come up to me and ask how I'm doing? Like what the fuck, Nayeon?!" She continued as she tried to yank her hands back from Nayeon's hold, but to no avail, because the latter held them even tighter while rubbing the back of her hands trying to calm her down.

"I know you hate me so much, Mina, and I completely understand why but please.."

Nayeon felt Mina's struggle under her hold ceased and she knew somehow, the younger was willing to listen to her, for now.

"I care for you. I really do and I always will..." Her voice started to crack. All the pent up emotions were starting to flow out of her heart so she paused for a few seconds to prevent herself from shedding tears.

On the other hand, Mina huffed upon hearing those words from the other girl like it was nothing but a lie. She looked down at their hands and wondered why she even let Nayeon touched her again. A part of Mina wanted to just push Nayeon away while another part of her didn't want that moment to end. Conflicting emotions were overwhelming her and she couldn't think properly anymore, until Nayeon spoke again.

"If only you knew... There are so many things I want to tell you." Nayeon said.

Mina scoffed at that, "All I know is that you dumped me for another GUY. That was more than enough reason." She said, a pang of bitterness evident in her voice.

"Mina, just hear me out please." Nayeon begged. Her eyes pleaded which made Mina soften a little bit.

"I want to tell you the real reason why I –" Nayeon suddenly paused, her line of sight averted to someone approaching them from behind Mina.

Mina shot her a questioning look. "Real reason what?"

Nayeon didn't answer, instead, she quickly pulled her hands away from Mina's.

"Nayeon, I've been looking everywhere for you!"

A voice from behind Mina said, causing her to turn her head towards the direction of it and looked up, meeting the eyes of Jennie.

"Oh hi Mina!" Jennie greeted with a smile.

"Hey." Mina casually replied.

"Am I interrupting something?" Jennie asked, looking straight at Nayeon, who was just staring down at the book she borrowed.

"No. Not at all. I was just about to leave anyway." Mina firmly said as she stood up from her chair then started fixing her stuffs.

Mina looked down at Nayeon while the latter looked up at her, their eyes met. Nayeon's eyes reflected sadness and regret while Mina's reflected nothing but anger. The younger's blood was boiling with anger. It always does whenever she sees Nayeon with Jennie, even though the latter had been always casually nice to her.

"Bye." Mina quietly said as she turned on her heels and walked past Jennie.

"Bye Mina! See you around." Jennie answered back, waving.

--------------------------------------------------

Later that day...

"Agh! I can't believe Mrs. Chen gave us a surprise quiz! I wasn't prepared!" Dahyun complained as she forcefully shoved her stuffs inside the locker.

"Isn't it why it's called a surprise quiz? To catch students unprepared." Tzuyu casually said.

Chaeyoung laughed while Dahyun continued frowning.

"I should have been in the same class as you two!"

"Maybe next year Dahyunnie." Chaeyoung said with a light chuckle.

Dahyun was about to say something again when her phone buzzed, she brought her phone up and read the message. Her frown instantly turned into a big grin. "I got to go, girls!" she said happily.

"Sana unnie huh?" Tzuyu half-asked, half-stated. They all knew the Japanese girl was the only one who can turn Dahyun's mood completely the other way around.

"Yeah! See you tomorrow! Bye." Dahyun bid farewell then walked away, leaving the other two girls behind.

"Dubu is so lucky." Chaeyoung said.

"Why is that?" Tzuyu asked

"Because she finally found her true love. And she isn't just any regular person, she is Minatozaki Sana, the famous Shy Shy Shy sexy cutie." Chaeyoung said, her tone full of admiration. She softly sighed as she closed her locker.

Tzuyu rolled her eyes. She still didn't understand what's the hype with those Japanese girls and why everybody go crazy for them cause for her, everyone's just the same. It was also the very reason why even if Tzuyu was already popular in school, she never truly acknowledged it.

Tzuyu slowly closed her locker door and when she was about to turn around, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Chou Tzuyu?"