CH 24

"Where are you?"

"Rooftop. Are you done? I'll go down."

"No need."

Tzuyu turned around when she heard the door creaked open. She brought her phone down away from her ear and ended the call. "Well that was fast," she said, chuckling.

"Kinda thought you'd be here." Mina said, after she closed the door.

Tzuyu perked an eyebrow up and mockingly said, "Oh is that so?"

Mina made her way beside Tzuyu at the corner and held onto the railing, taking in the beautiful sight in front of her.

"Yeah... I followed my instinct," she uttered. She looked up at the sky and closed her eyes, as the cold breeze caressed her face.

Tzuyu glanced at Mina and smiled. She leaned her back against the concrete, and then stared right off into space. Both girls seemed to be lost in their own thoughts.

A full minute had passed without a single word coming out of their mouths. It was Mina who decided to break the silence.

"Do you come here often?" she asked, eyes opened and now looking down at the students strolling on the ground level.

"Mhm. This is my favorite place in school. I come here whenever I want to have some peace of mind, something like that." Tzuyu answered.

She heard Mina snorted. "What?" she asked, looking at Mina.

"It's the opposite for me. This is my least favorite area in school." Mina said as she shrugged.

"Why?"

"Because..." Mina turned her whole body to face Tzuyu, she rubbed her chin as if thinking of what to say next.

"Because?"

"Because this is the place where I got rejected by someone. And mind you, that was the first time I ever got rejected. FIRST TIME." Mina animatedly stated.

Tzuyu laughed at how funny and cute Mina looked while saying those sentences. How can she even forget that? It was one of the most memorable happenings that she gets reminded of every time she goes there.

"Oh I'm sure that someone is so honored to be your FIRST," Tzuyu teased.

"Hey!" Mina playfully nudged Tzuyu by the arm, making both of them laugh. They laughed and stared at each other until the atmosphere around them slowly became awkward. Mina avoided Tzuyu's gaze, then she cleared her throat once.

"Uh.. By the way, where's Chaeng?"

"I don't know." Tzuyu nonchalantly replied.

Mina noticed the change in the younger girl's tone. "You don't know? That's new," she pressed.

Tzuyu scoffed, turning her head away from Mina.

"Why don't you call her and ask?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

Mina tilted her head slightly and narrowed her eyes, gazing intensely at Tzuyu's annoyed face.

"Chou Tzuyu."

"What?" Tzuyu replied, without sparing a glance at Mina. It was too late when she noticed that the latter had positioned herself infront of her, both hands gripping the railing at the back on either of her sides, trapping her (T) in between her (M) arms. Their bodies were almost pressed together, and Tzuyu's heart skipped a beat when her eyes met Mina's intense ones. She gulped.