Chapter 2: Jamison

Saccularius.

Saccy they call me.

Son of Mercury was another.

Nuntius and Angeliafóros, two twins, were my closest friends besides Maria right now. We were currently in Room 1101. All of the Hermes and Mercury children were in the 1100 buildings.

It was yesterday when Maria and I arrived, when everyone disappeared, when she was claimed, when I was claimed. I remember yesterday very clearly. Everyone was looking at me. Well, I guess above me. Maria nor I realized what was there. Apparently, that was me being claimed. My siblings, as I learned they were, told me what was above my head.

The coffee girl nearly dropped her coffee.

It was a Talaria. That was how Oury knew I was a son of Mercury. Maria had the trident over her head. They now call her, Fluctus.

Wave

Angeliafóros, or Angel, explained the battles, the names and our goals. It was all a rush.

First, I was at Maria's house, enjoying her company. Next, everyone was gone, we have to live here and apparently, my father is a god.

I guess that explains why he never was there. But that doesn't make me forgive him. Maybe if he was there, I wouldn't have been bullied. I never had a father figure, it made me kind of feminine. Part of the reason Modern Dance fits me so well.

2nd grade was the best grade ever. It was when I met Maria. She respected me for who I was. Her life was perfect, and she was with me anyway. Well, her dad wasn't there either, now we know why, but I cared for her. Maria will never know it's much deeper than love. She may not know it, but I do.

Angel snapping, snapped me out of my thoughts. She yelled at me for not paying attention, and her brother , Nuntius, gave me a She's right look.

They were twins on the outside. Both had blue eyes and and blond hair like me and almost every other child of Hermes. The only other difference between them was their nationality and personality.

Nuntius is Roman. He was a mischievious kid with a flight or fight personality but still knew when to shut up.

Angel is Greek. She was quite and conserved. Still different, but they both were very sneaky.

They were a perfect duo in pranks and thievery, I heard from other campers. Everyone says, Angel does the stealing and Nuntius does the distracting.

The same bell from yesterday rang 3 times. Nuntius and Angel both explained that it meant, training time.

Starting today, whenever we heard the bell, we would go to a station posted on a board at the front office. Our cabin, as the children of each god were called, would be sent for sorting on the skills we succeeded more in. 3 hours for each skill, today. Ever other day ahead of us is, 9 for the best skill and 1 for the others. We had training for 12 hours.

The skills were: weaponry, climbing and agility, survival skills and godly powers. Godly powers had the least amount of people, all the campers spoke among each other. They say because powers from your godly parents are very rare.

The board at the office showed Hermes, Demeter, Athena and Neptune were starting with survival. Maria and I caught a quick glimpse of each other through the large crowd surrounding the board. We were smiling brightly.

All the cabins met up with each other and walked towards the P.E. area. We were supposed to be in the grass patch as we were starting with Survival Skills.

Maria and I tried to partner up, but we were told we had to stay with our cabins. Nuntius and Angel paired up, so I walked over to a kid I recognized from the cabin that was standing alone.