Chapter 8: Mortem

Over the past 12 hours my breathing has gone insane. I've played it off as asthma, but I'm sure that excuse won't pass any longer. People even mentioned how unusual the symptons were to me.

Saccy is worse. His mood as gone down and as much as he tries to hide it, it's been making a show. His eyes have been red, dark circles appeared under his eyes and he's hardly been eating no matter how many times I've tried to convince to eat more than toast for breakfast. It hasn't made hiding the truth about Fluctus  easy when he's even been avoiding her. I think she's starting to get suspicious.

We left UCLA a while ago. Us Romans have been making the worst time. It shouldn't be taking as long, but it is. The Greeks were smarter and took buses while we took multiple cars. The demigods have been generously taking bathroom breaks and we could not risk losing anyone. It's been tough on all of us. Most of the Roman's friends were Greeks. The moods been down, but we're trying to hold through.

We found a nice hotel a while ago. Saccy, Fluctus and I got different rooms. Saccy was currently in my room to discuss what we were going to do about Fluctus. We couldn't kill her or else that'll end the hope of information on the titans. We couldn't trap her anywhere. She's very smart and intelligent, plus we're very close to the water. It would be very eye raising if we suddenly decided to change the route more inland when San Fransico was right by the coast.

Suddenly, we heard a knock on the door. I opened it and Fluctus was there. I had to stop myself from tensing up and screaming. It was very unnerving to see her standing there like nothing was going on. Like she wasn't part of the reason we were suffering. Like we didn't know that we trusted her for a little bit. I wanted to punch her right than and there.

Saccy was is in the back of the room but fortunately kept his cool. "Guys, can we talk?" Fluctus asked. She invited her self in the room and sat down next to Saccy on my bed. He tensed for a little bit but must've reminded himself to stay calm because he relaxed.

I nodded. "Sure." I closed the door and let Fluctus in. "What is it?" I tried keeping a safe difference from her and sat down in a sofa in front of where they were facing on the bed.

 "We need to get out of here." Fluctus said with confidence. Meanwhile, Saccy and I grew wide-eyed. Splitting up with the Romans was weird. Wouldn't she want to destroy them? Unless there's a trap waiting for us. But she would want to kill us too. "We need to go to New York without the other romans."

"Um," I said, very confused. "Why?" I tried getting Saccy's attention but he seemed caught up in his own world, trying to wrap his mind around what Fluctus was suggesting. I didn't blame him.

"There's nothing in San Francisco. The gods are in New York City not California. It'll be too much to work to drive all the Romans to New York so we should go there ourselves and catch up with the Greeks." There was something coming up. I couldn't leave the Romans. On the other hand, we need more people who know about Fluctus with her. I don't think Saccy can handle her alone. He's not doing fine as it is.

I was in utter shock. Saccoy already knew how to counter. "We're the leaders. We can't go alone. The romans do not know how to survive on their own."

"That's where you're wrong, Saccy." Fluctus replied. "All of them can fend off monsters, they can't catch up with the Greeks in time. We have to go." This did make sense, they could fight monsters. They do know where to stay, they learned how to survive. But I have a bad feeling about what Kronos sent over to us. They'll be goners for sure. That's why I need them out of here, out of California. I somehow need to convince the Romans to follow us to New York but not let Fluctus know. This'll be hard.

Suddenly, it made sense. She had to be there at Olympus because something big was going down there, a trap for all the demigods. Fluctus needed to be there with Kronos. Either way, there still is something in San Franscisco. Waiting to pick us off and render us with low numbers and bad hearts.