Chapter 7: Noim

{Noim}

We were in Utah. The Hephaestus and Vulcan kids got a whole lot of cars working, and the small amount of cities helped us a lot.

We were in a large hotel. All of us leaders decided to go to a really nice suite that had 3 beds.

I plopped down on the comfortable bed. Good thing they cleaned it before everyone disappeared.

"Hey, guys," Chov called to us as she went in the room. "We should Iris Message the Romans to check up on our progress."

Máchi nodded. "Sounds great. Oury told me how to do it. We need a drachma, which Oury gave me some and a rainbow made from mist."

"A rainbow? Let's use the bathroom." I suggested.

"Smart idea," They said as we walked to the bathroom.

"Well, I am daughter of Athena. I was born from a brain."

We created a rainbow from the mist and the sunlight going through the window and offered the drachma.

"What now?" I asked.

"I say this. Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering. Mortem, Southern California."

The rainbow showed Mortem, inside a room, shaking with fear. He saw us and was shocked for a second. "I-is this an Iris Message?" He stuttered out.

"Yeah, Mortem." Chov said from behind me. "What's going on? Did titans attack?"

"N-no. Chov, I owe you a burger with 20 patties."

Máchi and I looked at each other confused, while Chov understood completely.

"Did she attack you guys?" Chov asked.

"No, I heard her Iris Messaging him. What are we gonna do?"

"Just calm down, Mortem." I said, noticing her quick breathing. "What's going on to begin with?"

Chov looked at us with seriousness. "It's gonna sound crazy. But you need to believe me. Fluctus is bad. She's working for Kronos. I don't know her rank or the whole thing, but we can't trust her."

"No, that's crazy" I defended. "She doesn't seem like a crazy person working for Kronos."

"What about how unbelievably powerful she is?"

"Some people are just gifted that way."

"How does she know so much of mythology?"

"She probably read a lot of Roman and Greek Mythology books before everyone disappeared. Maybe that's why she's so powerful. Her father, Neptune, gifted her this ability because she knows what to do with it and how everything works."

"What about when Delphi died? She didn't show any sympathy for the fact that she is human. She ranted on how important she was to the Greeks, not how important she was as a human. Delphi is supposed to say prophecies. If Kronos has it, he can change the prophecy to his way when he finds out what it is. Everyone else was mad at Ploútos for killing Delphi because it was a human and death in cold blood. Not one of those words came out of Fluctus's mouth."

"I-i guess you're right. Fluctus is bad. We have to stop her." A tear fell from my eye.

"Noim, it's okay." Máchi comforted me. "She tricked us all."

"No, it's not that. She lost a bet that we made before leaving and was supposed to sing Justin Bieber songs in front of both camps but now she can't because we have to kill her and I ate a bug for nothing."