T H R E E

Maddie woke up by the sound of her phone ringing. She stopped the sound and got up. She walked downstairs where everybody was already eating their breakfast and she ate too.

- Melissa, I need clothes and school starts tomorrow. Can you drive me to the mall in an hour?

- Maddie I have to set the house and do the cleaning I dont have the time.

- please?

- Shawn have his driver license, he can go with you.

- No thanks.

- Then you are not going because I am not going with you.

- I can do it Melissa, I dont have anything to do today. Said Shawn

- thats because you dont have a social life

-Maddison!

- Okay then, Shawn be ready in an hour 'cause Im not waiting.

- No problem.

Maddie took an apple and went upstairs to get ready.

She put the only nice clothes she had and ate her apple.

An hour later, Maddie knocked was in room and she entered in Shawn's room

- ever heard of knocking?
- I don't care.
- Wathever.. Are you ready?
- yeah, let's go.
-ok.

The two teenager went downstairs and said goodbye to their parents. The went outside and then entered in shawn's car and he started driving. Maddie changed the songs on the radio when she heard a song she liked.

- I love this song.
- yeah life of the party! Its a great one haha!
- why are you laughing?
- Do you know who is the singer of this song?
- No I don't we'll listen at the end the radio will say it.
- Fine ! he laughed
- Stop laughing!

They listened to the song and when the song was ending the radio guy said:

- Alright, good morning! That was life of the party by Shawn Mendes, a young singer that lives in Toronto.

Maddie was speechless. She turned her head to shawn that was smiling.

- What the f*** Shawn.
- what?
- I mean.. the song .. is ok I guess.
- yeah I guess, he rolled his eyes.
- Are you known? Like will people take picture of you at the mall.
- Maybe but I am not that known..
- ok.

Arriving in the mall, Shawn followed Maddie that started walking to American Eagles. Maddie stopped walking when she saw some people taking pictures of shawn. She turned her head to Shawn and said:

- I hate being honest with you since I don't like you but the fact that people are taking pictures is scaring the crap out of me. I'm so anxious right now.
- Don't be anxious I'm used to it.
- I'm not, and I have anxiety. I'm not okay.
- Ok breath. Go buy your things I will be waiting in the car for you.
- What if people follow me and ask me about you?
- text me if something is wrong.
- okay.

Shawn took out a pencil from his coat and wrote his number on Maddie's hand.

An hour later, Maddie came back in Shawns car and put her bags in the backseat.

- Are you okay?
- Why woudn't I be?
- because an hour ago you had anxiety.
- Shawn anxiety is not something that goes away, sometimes its just more intense.
- Maddie I'm not stupid, I want to know if you are ok.
- And I do not want to talk about it.

Shawn did not answer and drove back home. He was upset because he wanted to be there for his new step sister but she hated him and she didn't want any help.

Arriving at home, Maddie locked herself in her room and didn't came out of it... the next day was the first day of school and everyone was stressed.