T H I R T E E N

The next couple of weeks following that whole incident were really cold and discomforting. Shawn and Madison didn't talk to each other at all. Shawn was mad that she didn't care to tell him because he would've done anything for his dad and his sister to be happy. Madison on her side, didn't dare to talk to him because she wanted to give him his space since she knew all of this was hard and frustrating for him. 

Melissa and Manuel were also in a weird state of relationship since they weren't together but lived in the same house to give some time for Melissa to find a new house. Manuel was heartbroken because he was in love with Melissa and he realized that she wasn't a good ^person and she wasn't trying to get the best out of this relationship. He felt alone and confused but he put on a brave face and tried to stay as strong as he could for his children.

Aaliyah and Mackenzie were sad because they knew they would probably never see each other again. They were getting so close before that whole thing. They did an activity together everyday until Mackenzie had to leave. They didn't want to think about their parent's situation because they didn't know if they would be able to see each other ever again.

The day that Melissa, Mackenzie and Madison were moving out finally came. They spend the day putting all of their boxes and the truck that was bringing their things to the new house. After all of this hard work, they all went back in the house to say their final goodbye. 

They were all staring at each other, wondering what to say but Shawn was looking at the ground, still disappointed in Madison. He gave her everything, he was always there for her. How could she hide something like that? Was she scared of something? One thing was sure, it would take him some time to get better and to move on.  

Aaliyah stepped forward an took Mackenzie in her arms. The two girls started crying. They stepped back to end the hug after several seconds and Manuel put his arm on his daughter's back to comfort her. The atmosphere was intense and confusing.

As Melissa was giving Manuel a friendly hug to end the situation on an happy note, Shawn looked up for a second and Madison mouthed :

«I'm sorry» 

The teenage boy gasped and stared back at the ground. Madison and Mackenzie were heartbroken but in a very different way. After that hard moment, they went outside and got in their car. Aaliyah was in the window staring at the car leaving. Mackenzie was still crying, her hand on the window, like she was keeping Aaliyah with her. Madison was staring at the window, hoping Shawn would be there, looking at her, like the first time she came to this house. They got further and she couldn't see the windows anymore. A tear ran down her face as she turned her head to look at the road.

This was the beginning of a new chapter and they weren't done with the Mendes family.

...

Guys the last chapter(s) will be posted tomorrow. I'm sure you will love the ending!!

xx