Chapter 3

Lilac's POV

I looked down at my mom crying. She pulled her hair back and my dad is nervously looking down at her.

"Mommy? Are you okay?" I said tears streaming done my face.

"Does it look like I'm okay? No! This is all your fault actually."

"I'm sorry, mum."

My dad stared at my mom in shock. "Don't say that to our daughter."

"That brat only made me bigger and stressed. Look at me! I'm hideous because of them!"

"I'm sorry, mum."

My dad picked me up and carried me to my room.

"Don't listen to her, okay princess?" He said cleaning off tears.

I wake up sad and I think I was crying.

I hate having that dream. I walk downstairs for water.

"What are you doing, Li?"

"What are YOU doing, Lan?"

"Bad dream. You?"

"Me too."

He poured a glass of water for me as well. "Maybe we should talk about them. Could help us."

"Okay I guess. What was yours?"

"The night when our mom was yelling at you. I went to the bathroom to see her throwing up in the toilet. She looked at me, angry. She yelled at me and I didn't know what to do. And she just hit me and blaming me for making her fat."

"I practically had the same dream." I take another sip of my water.

"She's truly evil."

I could help but agree more. The pain she's caused me. The pain she's caused all of us. I hate thinking back.

I nod my head sadly. I yawned and found myself barely able to keep my eyes open.

"Well see ya in the morning baby sister."

I roll my eyes and we both head to our rooms to sleep peacefully.

****

"Ooh that ones nice."

He nodded his head disagreeing. "Nope. I'm sticking with my word. Yours is better."

"No, Will!" I said stressed.

"Sweetie, we can argue all day if you want."

"Whatever."

"Don't act like you're annoyed of me. Deep down you love me."

I roll my eyes and make a sick face.

"In your dreams, but in my nightmares." I laugh clutching my stomach.

He rolled his eyes. "Will you stop laughing?!"

"WILL." I still continue laughing even though nothing funny actually happened. "Oh my gosh. I don't know what's wrong with me!" I continue to laugh, but I completely stop when Will cups my face and stares in my eyes. "Um."

He moved his hands. "Sorry you kept on laughing."

My heart pounded in my chest and I breathe fast. My eyes wander off to avoid eye contact with him.

That was new. I just realized that no guy has ever touch me like that. So gently and careful.

Ringg