Chapter 25

Lilac's POV

"Turn on the TV."

"Sure, sir." I mock Will and turn on the TV.

"I like it when you call me 'sir'."

"Don't get used to it." I snort and laugh quietly.

"Call me it again." He playfully pulled me towards him.

And on other news, Owen-

"No. Wait. WILL. Let go of me! I need to hear this."

He let go of my wrist.

Has been found in the woods near the highschool. A woman reported to have spotted him hiding behind a tree and immediately contacted the police which came a few moment later, surrounding the area. Owen was caught and is facing charges and being put to trial. Also...

I sigh. This is it. I close my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Will pulled me in a hug and kissed my forehead.

"I just... after everything that's ever happened to me, I- i can finally feel safe and surround myself with the people I love. And people who I care about. And all I can hope for now is.. for my dad to be cured. Somehow."

"He will. I know it."

~*~

Few weeks later

"Congratulations class of 2017!"

Cheers screeched in my ear. I happily threw my cap in the air and was surprised as arms flew around me. I turned around to a grinning Will. I jumped up to his height and threw my arms around his neck. He smashed his lips into mine. "We did it! I- i can't believe it! I actually graduated!"

"We all did it!"

~*~

We made our way to the lobby and waited to spot our parents.

My dad stood at the exit with a something rectangular and covered with a large clothe.

Will let go of my hand. I stared at him in confusion. "What?"

"Wait here. Don't move. Stay."

"I'm not a dog, Will." I said laughing.

He rolled his eyes and smiled. He went beside my dad and slowly lifted the red clothe.

I read

'Congratulations!'

I grinned and felt an arm around my shoulder.

Landon sighed and stared at my dad.

Will shouted. "Y'all are gonna be super happy now! TURN THE BOARD MR. AUSTINS!"

My dad laughed and turned the board.

'Im cancer free!'

I shrieked and ran towards my dad. "Oh my gosh!" I said through my tears. "I can't believe it!"

"Thank god!" I felt Landon join the family hug.

"Aww." Nina stared at us admiringly with Lynn's arm around her waist. They looked cute and happy.

Ari was crying beside us. "I.. am so- happy."

Landon laughed at his girlfriend.

I made eye contact with Will.

My one true love. The person I counted on the most. My best friend. My past, my present, and my future. My everything.

"Aw. Came here all of you." Landon invited everyone else in the hug.

It was loud and claustrophobic but I love them all so I was okay with it.

"Hey! Watch out for the cap!"

"Someone's stepping on my gown!"

"OW WHAT THE HELL! LYNN YOURE LITERALLY CRUSHING MY FEET!"

"Oh shit! Sorry!"

I laughed at these weirdos.

~*~

The end..

Part two? Series?

Maybe :3