Chapter 18

Lilac's POV

"I'm so happy you gained your memory." He kissed me again.

"Me too." I seemed breathless. My heart was pounding and I was completely hot right now.

I felt hot. Wait.

~*~

I sat up on my bed breathless. It was just a dream.

I walked to the bathroom, completely alarmed and embarrassed having a dream where I'm full on making out with William Ryder.

Should I announce the good news that I regained my memory?

I sighed and looked in the mirror. I was a mess. I brushed through my hair and left my face like that.

I changed quickly and went downstairs, ate cereal and left. I should have waited for Landon, but he's been bothering me about my memory.

Will's door opened and closed. I expected Will to walk out. Not Courtney.

I stayed out and stared at her.

"Why hello poor thing." She fixed her hair and came up to me. "Just so you know, Will and I were quite intimate last night. It was fun, by the way. Not that it matters, you don't have your memory. You barely know him."

I glared at her.

"Go back into your pigsty house."

I didn't have time for this or her.

"Go back to your brother who is so dumb and clueless or your dad who seriously needs to leave along with you and your brother. No one asked for your sorry ass to come here. I was perfectly fine before you came with your 'im innocent and an angel but I'll steal your life'. So get your ugly ass looking grape-"

My hand did a hard contact on her skin. "Say anything you want about me. I don't care! But say something about the people I love and you will regret you ever spoke. You know nothing about me, Courtney."

"Because I wouldn't care about your boring life."

"I go everyday constantly worrying about being abused or harassed! I go everyday wanting the day to end to just be in the comfort of my home! People always tell me that it's okay and I'm safe, but it never seems so! So back off my personal life and don't you dare say anything about my friends or family."

She said nothing. She seemed lost for words and then quickly turned to her car and left.

"Lilac.."

"I don't want to hear it, Will. I get it. She's beautiful. Blonde. Skinny. Couldn't resist your temptations."

"I swear we never-"

"I don't want to hear it. I'm not going to stop you if you choose her."

"I would never-"

"Why would you cheat on me?"

"But I-"

"And yes, I gained my memory back."

"That's absolutely great, but-"

"Yeah-"

"Why can't I speak! Let me explain myself!"

I stayed quiet. He came up to me and brushed his hands on my face.

"She came in the middle of the night. She told me her dad was drunk and she was scared. She came to me on short notice. We never did anything. She slept in the living room..." he quieted down.

"And?"

He cupped my face and stared in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry."

"Why?"

"She and I did kiss."

I stayed silent. "I'm going to be late for school." I picked my bag from the floor and walked away quickly, trying to resist crying. But it was too much for me to handle.

A tear rolled down. I sniffed and wiped it away. I didn't stop walking and kept wiping my face.

I should've left when I had the chance.

I entered the school and got stopped by the principal.

"A word, miss Austin?"

I looked at him confused and nodded.

"It seems that you were missing yesterday. Is there something we should be concerned about?"

"No I'm perfectly fine. Thank you."

He smiled. "I need to ask you a favor also. You're really inspiring and intelligent. We have a new student with us but he's troubled. We believe there's a chance for him. We need you to help him make his way."

"Who is he?"

He nodded to the door. "Lynn Mathews please enter."

My heart stopped for a moment. I didn't dare look up at him. Fear corrupted me. I breathed heavily and I could feel him stare at me.

"Lynn was in jail for a while and was released when they found evidence that his crime didn't have enough evidence of his committing it. So we happily placed him here in hopes that he adjusts well. He'll have the same class as you."

My palms were sweaty. What do you mean 'not enough evidence'?

"Well I know she'll be of big help." Lynn put his hands on the seat, making every part of me small and shaky.

~*~

I ran in the bathroom and let it all out. I cried onthe floor. I was to overwhelmed and weak to be dealing with anything.

Why is he here?

I started to cry uncontrollably.

"-she is so fake don't even be friends with Britney-"

Someone coughed and the talking stopped.

"Lilac.."

I looked up and saw Aria and Nina.

"He-"

"Shh." Aria knelt down next to me and hugged me. "Just let it all out."

My breath was shaky. "But you like this sweater." I laughed weakly.

"I don't care."

Nina knelt down also and hugged me. "We're here for you. Don't worry."

"I'm scared." I started tearing up again.

"Why?"

"Lynn transferred here."

Nina and Aria looked at each other.

"Will kissed Courtney. It's all too much. Plus I ruined Ari's sweater. It's such a pretty purple color also." I cried in my arms.

"It's okay."

"It's not, Ari. Im constantly scared everyday. But no I'm mortified. I can't step back out there knowing that there's nothing safe."

~*~

Will's POV

"Heard you're back on your game, Will." Spencer patted me on the back.

I looked at him confused and put my shirt on.

"Is about time my old best friend came back with all the ladies. Don't get me wrong, Lilac is pretty and nice, but Courtney is the real winner. Plus Lilac can get annoying when she-"

I grabbed him by the shirt and pushed him in the locker. "Finish what you were saying, why don't you? I'm not with Courtney."

"Lies. She's telling everyone that you guys were being intimate last night. Ooh you're still with Lilac. You're a cheater." Spencer laughed and walked away.

What the heck..

~*~*~*~