A sense of protection

Damian frown as he reread the note again and again.Jon and Colin shared a worried look,not knowing what to do.

Earlier,Damian,Jon and Colin had a patrol on Nightwing's turf as the Price of Bludhaven is away on a mission with the Titans.Robin,Superboy and Abuse had already had Batman's permission to patrol on their own,he was less protective tonight because all the major criminal are lock away at Arkham.

Everything had gone smoothly through their patrol.Stop a few muggers and also stop an attempted robbery on a jewelry shop.It was a good night.Until an assassin ambushed that is.The assassin did nothing but stab Robin and threw a shuriken at Abuse.Thankfully Superboy flick that away.The assassin threw something at Superboy which he caught it easily.Abuse hovered on Robin's weak form thanks to the wound.The assassin then threw a smoke bomb and disappeared  just as fast as he had appeared.

Abuse had quickly radioed Batman and Superboy carefully carried the injured Boy Wonder,all the while placing a gentle hand over his wound to stop the blood.The batmobile parked itself in front of them and Superboy carefully place the injured boy at the back seat.Abuse activate the auto pilot mode in the batmobile.Batman had already ask Alfred to prepare the med bay and that he will be at the cave shortly.

Which bring us to the current situation now.

Damian throw the note to the ground and punched the wall at the med bay.Both boys gasped

"Dames!" Jon scolded him while Colin took the note from the ground.Colin's eyes widened as he read the note.

"Oh no.." Colin whispered fearfully.By that time Batman appeared.He glance at his son and the firm grip Jon hand had on Damian's slightly bleeding hand.He look at the med bay wall and shook his head.

"Son.."Bruce whispered softly.Damian turn to his father and aBruce was taken back on how defeated his son look.

"It was mother..she sent the note.." Bruce nod and take the note away from Colin.He close his eyes and sigh.

Bruce give a reassuring smile to his son, "It's okay Damian.We'll protect Mia from your mother."

Jon and Colin nod ,"Yeah Dames,she'll be fine." Jon said as he released his grip on Damian's hand.

Damian give out a shaky breath."If anything happens to her.." Bruce cut him off, "Nothing will happen to her.I promise you that.Now let's go upstairs.Jon, I already call your father and informed him that you will be staying for the night. " Jon nodded happily while fist pumping the air, "Alright, a sleepover!" Colin laugh.

Damian just smile.They all leave the med bay and Damian took one last glance at the paper on the ground.

"You have a pretty gem there, my son.Would be a shame if something happen to her.I advice you to always keep an eye on her.

~ Mother"

Damian could feel fury inside of him also a great sense of protection for said girl.He swear he will not let anything happen to Maps,Talia be damned.He'll kill her if she as much touch a single hair on his Mia.He knew that ever since he had sided completely with his father it had made Talia angry.Going as far as to create a clone of him and even ordered the clone to kill him.After he was brought back to life Talia had once again try to win over her son.She had somehow made it a tradition to send assassins to kill him on his birthday.She had threatened to kill his family and friends too.And right she already found a new target to play with.Damian will not let that.Not ever!

'I'll keep you safe, I swear I will! '