The Hair Pin

Colin and I walked side by side,I listen closely as Colin told me all the things he and Jason did yesterday.Things has change drastically since Todd decided to take Colin under his wings.Father had protest greatly,saying that taking care of a teenager is not something that is easy.But does Todd listen listen?No of course not.Todd always find a way to irked father,that being said disobeying the dark knight orders is his absolute favorite thing to do.

"- It's so cool Damian!He even bought me ice cream,we had so much fun.He's really nice to me and I helped him prank a few people too!"

"What did you two morons did to those poor souls?"

"..Nothing..Just give a few people a heart attack..nothing too serious"

"This is exactly why you shouldn't hang around with him too much"

"Like hanging with a demonic brat is anything better."

"Tt"

Colin grin widely.We both continue to walk,Colin did most of the talking as I choose to keep quiet and  listen to whatever he had to say.We both take a seat at a bench near the garden while waiting for Grayson to pick us up.School has ended a few minutes ago so that means Grayson is probably on his way. 

"Hei Damian,look!" Colin said as he pointed his finger at the direction of the garden.I turn around and I could clearly see three people there.Two girls and one boy.It seems like they are looking for something.

"Isn't that Maps?" Colin asked as he begin to make his way towards them.My ears perked at the mention of the name and I quickly followed  my friend.

When we got there,I almost gasp.Maps is crying.Olive is trying to comfort her friend who is practically kneeling on the ground,Maps hand are frantic as she continue to look for something on the ground.I could also see Kyle kneeling on the other side of us.It seems like he is helping his little sister searching whatever the hell is missing.

Colin eyes furrowed in worried,he kneel beside the petite girl and slowly taking her hand in his.I could feel something stirred in my stomach at the action.I feel jealous..I'm the one who should be doing that right now.I choose to let that thought go away,Colin is my friend and he would never betray me.He's one of the few people that know of my feelings for Maps.

"Hey.." Colin's voice laced with worry and its tone is gentle "What's wrong Maps,what are you looking for?"

When she speak,her voice cracked and she almost let out a sob"My hair pin!It's lost!"

I then realized that her flower hair pin is not on their usual place.I had no idea that her flower hair pin had meant so much to her.Enough to make her cry upon losing it apparently.

I crouch down and gently hold the girl's hand as Colin had let go of her hand and straight away help Olive searching for the hair pin.

"Hey calm down now..it's just a hair pin"

Apparently it was a wrong thing to say.The next thing I knew I was lying on the ground gasping for breath because damn Maps actually pack quite a punch.

"Don't you dare said that! That hair pin means a lot to me you jerk!"

"Ouch,okay..I'm sorry.I shouldn't have said that.I'll help you,when and where was the last time you saw the pin and when did you realize that it was missing?"

It was a simple question but Maps stiffened and Olive's body froze.Olive stood up and scoff, "It's not  that hard to answer your question.Considering the fact that those stuck up bitches had ripped it from Maps hair and throw it away "

"Wait what?!" Colin exclaimed 

Kyle,who had just join us sigh.I turn to him and glare,"You just let some harlots bullied your little sister?"

Kyle glared back," Listen here brat,I don't know what happen either because I was on my way to the tennis court when Olive suddenly dragged me and the next thing I know my sister is crying while being covered in dirt."

I look at Maps and finally noticed all the dirt and filth covering her.Maps is looking down and biting her lips.An old habit of hers.I put my left hand on her shoulder and the other one to lift her chin so she would be looking at me.I took a few deep breath to calm myself.

"Maps.." I begin slowly "How long has this been happening?"

She look at me and her eyes,the eyes that was once so lively had dimmed "The bullying? Before we even meet.." 

My eyes narrowed dangerously and I could see Colin clenching his fist and he growled,I'm still surprise that he haven't gone full Abuse mode yet.

"What is going on?"

We all spun around to meet the owner of the voice.It was Grayson,his blue eyes glanced worriedly at the sight of Maps.

"Maps..hey sweetie are you alright?"

I glared at my brother,my eyes clearly said 'What do you think genius?'  Dick winced as he realized his mistake.

"My hair pin is missing.."

Dick nodded his head,he beckon his hand for us to come closer.I gently pulled Maps along with me.We reached his car and he faced us, "Maps,how about you go back to the manor with us?Tomorrow you guys got no school right? So how about you spend a night in the manor and tomorrow we'll search for your pin.I even have Tim and Jason help us."

"Yeah, and we could bring Titus.Maybe he would sniff something." 

"Agreed." I'm sure my pet would be helpful

"But.."  Kyle put a hand on his sister's shoulder and give a smile,encouraging Maps to go with us.

Maps finally give in and nod her head, "Yeah sure..that seems like a good idea."

We waved at Olive and Kyle as Grayson drive away.I scoot closer to the girl beside me and tuck the hair that is covering her face.She hold my hand and put it on her cheek.I don't mind at all.Maps needs the comfort.She lay her head on my shoulder.

"That pin..my mom gave it to me..it means a lot.."

"I know..we'll help you find it..and then we will deal with the other problems later."

She smile and wrapped her hand around me.I'm well aware that I am also being covered in dirt now but honestly I don't care.

All I care about now is that Maps needed this

And so..I let her

Okay..I'm going to post the second part of this..soon hopefully...Anyway, a big,big thank you for those who read and even vote! Thank you so much! It means a lot to me.In case you see any spelling or grammar mistake I deeply apologize, English is not my first language.If there's any mistake you guys can point it out.That would made me very thankful and grateful.

And also please leave a comment so that I could improve myself( I also wanna know what you think) .You guys can critique me,but please be nice..I'm still new..

Ouh and you guys can also give some ideas for a new chapter,I don't mind at all

Again,thank you so much!

Question,should I make an AU chapter?