Meetings

Cass had just come back from Hong Kong, eager to see her family again but also a bit tired. It had been a stressful airplane ride (try sitting beside a demanding old woman) and she would love to rest before joining her father on patrol but just as she's about to enter the Manor she could hear laughter. A girl's laughter. It wasn't Steph or Barbara or Kate. She didn't knew who it was.

"-Yes you're such a good dog! Aren't you Titus? Oh yes you are!"

"Tt, stop playing around and come here. We have an assignment to finish."

"Aww come on Dami we can do that during the school holiday!"

"We won't be in Gotham that time remember?"

"Fine."

"Damian?"

Both teens turn their head, Damian's eyes sparked at the sight of his sister who he had long to see. Maps gave one last pet on Titus head before standing up beside Damian, her eyes held curiosity.

Cass walk towards the pair, the girl's eyes remind her of Tim's calculating gaze while the soft feature on her face reminds her of Dick and his kind heart.

Who is that girl?

"Hello.. Damian.. " Cass smiled down at her little brother, she's been improving her pronunciation and her English.

Damian nodded his head but the girl beside him stay quiet. Titus leap to his head, his tail swishing around as he jump up around Cass, running around her too. The Great Dane barked with joy at the sight of Cass.

Cass giggled, gentle petting Titus head, "I miss you too... Titus.."

Turning her attention away from the dog, Cass finally acknowledge the girl

"Hai! My name is Mia Mizoguchi, but you can call me Maps!"

Maps smiled, offering her hand for a handshake in which Cass happily took. Cass decided she like this girl. Her name is easy to pronounce and she could see that Maps and Damian are close, so close that it affects Damian. He hides it well, but nothing escapes her sharp, well trained eyes.

"So, " Damian begin "You're going on patrol tonight?"

Black Bat's eyes widened, she glanced at Maps and back to her little brother. She knows? How?

"She figured it out herself." Damian clarified

Maps nodded her head, "Yeah Damian is not exactly subtle about it."

"Quiet you."

Cass shook her head, "I've been gone... For a few months.... And my little brother have a girlfriend already."

"SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND-"

"I'M NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND-"

Cass blinked, so they have that kind of relationship huh...

"Well.. Since you already knew...I'm Black Bat."

"......"

"......"

"...Maps..?"

"Tt, now you have done it Cain."

"OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS YOU'RE BLACK BAT?! DAMIAN, SHE'S BLACK BAT?! I LOVE BLACK BAT! LIKE OMG YOU'RE MY FAVORITE HERO!"

Cass was taken aback, she hadn't expected that kind of reaction. The girl, Maps keep jumping up and down, like Titus whenever he's excited. She was holding both her hand by her chest looking at Cass with awe and adoration.

"Maps calm down!"

"How can I calm down?! SHE'S BLACK BAT!" HOW COOL IS THAT?! "

"for goodness sake you're being too loud, be silence you!- Why do you always lick my hand?!"

"Take that! Now lemme go.!"

Damian is trying (and failing)  in calming the girl down. He keeps on holding her and shushing her.

The older girl giggle, walking past the two and straight to her room. She had never seen Damian that happy before. The sparks in his eyes as he watches on that girl. Maps.

Looking back, she could still see Damian scolding Maps as the girl sheepishly laughed, the air around them is pure and Cass could see, beneath that cold, uncaring green eyes, lies a warming happy gaze towards the petite girl.

"Come on Maps let's finish this assignment. "

"Can we have a Disney Marathon after that?"

"You know I hate Disney. "

"Please, for me?"

"...For you, fine. "

Again, Cassandra smile to herself. Her little brother is doing just fine. He's growing up and he's doing fine. And if anything happens, he have his own Maps.

I'm back!