Dancing in the rain

It was raining

Like, really raining. It was a heavy downpour here in Gotham and Damian couldn't help but to sigh in dissapointment. He had been very busy this past few weeks and thus didn't get the chance to spend proper time with his beloved. Thankfully, Maps understand his lack of attention towards her and gently told him that she is fine with it, in her own words, "It's business as usual".But he still felt guilty

So, he decided to make it up to her with a picnic at the park. Just the two of them, perhaps with Titus as well and they were going to pick the best and the nicest spot where you could feel the wind blow just so and have their privacy from persistent reporters.

But of course his (perfect) plan was utterly ruined when the raining suddenly starts

Inwardly, Damian cursed whatever entity up there in the multiverse. At this point, he is very sure that the universe hates him

At least they were gracious enough to let it rain while him and Maps are still in in the Manor

Outwardly, he sigh again and loudly voiced his complaint to Maps

"Oh come on, don't be so boring " Maps said to him with a smile on her face as she kicks off her shoes. Damian raised an eyebrow but didn't dare to say anything, as he had learned to roll with whatever Maps had in her head. She then proceed to take off her socks and her jacket before making a dash to the front yard

"Wha- Maps! Wait! Where are you going?!"

"Outside!"

Damian blinked at her cheeky reply before he sputtered and followed her "Why would you-! Maps, it's raining "

She turn to face him and he was completely mesmerised in the sheer cuteness of that simple action which may or may not brought a blush to his face

"Exactly! Come on Damian," she goaded him, "it's raining!"

And with that, she dashed out into the rain. Mud splashed all over her and her clothes and yet she didn't seem to care, more happy and excited to jump into the puddles and twirl around and round and round along the grass, both hands are up in the hair as she laughed and giggled all the way.

It was a really adorable sight, to see his 15 year old girlfriend dancing madly in the rain like that and he was very thankful for the security camera that father had installed. He would save the videos of it later.

"DAMIAN!" Maps shouted at him as she waved her hand madly "THIS IS GREAT! AWESOME! COME ON HERE AND JOIN ME!" She twirled around again and laughed (and damn he really love hearing her laughs) "COME ON YOU SCAREDY CAT!"

He took in the sight of her, dress caked in mud, completely barefoot, her dark hair are wet and damp, her lips never stop smiling, the freckles made her look even cuter and her brown eyes are twinkling madly and brightly as she beckons him to join her

He steps out into the rain

Pennyworth would had an aneurysm if he were to see them like this

Maps greeted him her biggest, happiest and giddiest smile as she hold out her hands to him. He smiled softly as he took her small hands into his slightly bigger ones and pull her towards him. Maps giggled and lead him in a spin.

Their hands are tightly gripping each other as they spun around in circle, clothes damp and Damian's jeans covered with mud but he couldn't bring himself to care. This is better than the picnic he had in mind

Maps continue to laugh and he too joined in before they stop their little spinning. She let herself fall forward, knowing that he would undoubtedly catch her, "Hey," Maps said breathlessly, "Dance with me"

"If that is what you wish"

"It is"

He pulled her closer, with one hand gripping her waist while the other holding her shoulder and he swayed rather awkwardly from side to side. Damian noted that from the outsider view they might look ridiculous.

Maps throw her head back and laughed, "No you snob", she scolded him with a teasing look "Like this"

Damian grinned as he allowed her to lead him into the most childish, ridiculous and foolish dancing that involved jumping, twirling and laughter from both sides. It felt good.

And then Maps suddenly throw herself into him and wrapped her arms around his neck. After spinning her around, Damian pulled her even closer. Their body touching and he could feel her warm breaths as she look at him with those alluring brown eyes and slowly, he lean in.

And soon enough, they went from dancing in the rain to kissing in the rain

It felt great

***********************************

"ACHOOO!"

The consequences of dancing in the rain had hit them almost immediately. Pennyworth has been fussing over them both after they entered the Manor, completely drenched and shivering with cold.

Damian and Maps had been the receiving end of Alfred Pennyworth's disapproving look and to make matter worse in Damian's case, his so called brothers had been teasing him non-stop about the kiss (those imbeciles didn't even tried to hide the fact that they've been spying on them)  and Cassandra made a comment about how she found it to be very romantic.

Damian only had a terrible headache while Maps on the other hand are all shivery and she keep on sneezing every few minutes

"Just a cold Master Damian," Pennyworth reassured him, "All you and Miss Mia need are the medicines and plenty of rest. Then, you both shall be alright. I do hope this will be a lesson to you both." With that, Pennyworth left, probably to ensure his father that they'll be alright.

"Never again " Damian moaned, god his head felt like it had been hit with the Batmobile repeatedly, "Never again am I dancing in the rain."

"But it was fun though," Maps murmur to him "We get to dance and do silly things you never would have done before. I honestly don't mind."

Damian closed his eyes and sighed deeply, "I apologize Maps. I had a nice picnic planned out for us but I wasn't expecting it to rain. I promise to make it up to you later." Although knowing his luck, the 'later' might ended up with life threatening mission or apocalypse

"Nah it's fine. Besides, I've always wanted to have a rain kiss and now- Achoo! - I can cross that one out" Maps shifted a bit so she could basked in his body heat. "Also," she whispered scandalously "I would totally do it again If it -Achoo! - if it means I get to cuddle in bed with you"

If Damian had the energy, he would've smirk but instead, he simply groaned as he burried his face into her hair

"Love you"

"Love you too"

So.. Sup guys.. Hehehe

Sorry for the (extremely) long wait. I had a writer's block and couldn't figure out what to write. I got like, another 2 chapter still in working when suddenly I got this idea to do a rain dance one-shot. It's always been a favourite trope of mine when my OTP had a rain dance.

The next part of 'the Brave and the bold (Maps)' will be posted as soon as I finished it. Hopefully no more writer's block

Thank you so much for those who read and vote on the previous chapter (and waited patiently too)

Later my fellow DamiMaps shippers! ❤❤❤