Chapter 2

Sophie stared at her scroll, not believing her eyes.

"So, what did you get?" Dex asked. Sophie stayed silent. She couldn't believe it. "It's ok to share it with us. Or me. I'm your best friend, remember?" He smiled gleefully. Sophie still stayed silent.

"C'mon, tell us!" Keefe said just as Biana chirped, "Leave her alone. This is something a girl handles. BY. HERSELF." Biana glared when Keefe opened his mouth. "But," she said, going back into her cheerful tone, "Maybe she can tell me! I can give you guys a hint if you beg me." She smiled evilly.

Sophie, are you alright? Fitz's voice said in her head. Sophie didn't even jump. She kind of expected it, since he was so caring. What she wouldn't do-

"I'm fine." Sophie forced herself to say. "I just need some time... to process things. Actually, you know, I need to go to the bathroom for a second."

Before anyone could reply, Sophie rushed down the hallway and opened the first door she saw and slammed it behind her. She couldn't do it. She just couldn't. Taking deep breaths, she turned around to see another face.

"I'm guessing your results were unexpected?" Della asked politely. "It's okay. Mine was too. So, what's the problem?" Sophie looked at her, then back at her scroll. "It's just... something I... didn't think would ever happen. I don't know if I should be excited or terrified." Della walked to her side. "Mind if I look? I won't make fun of you."

Sophie thought that showing Della her Matchmaking scroll was probably the last thing she wanted to do, and also the most embarrassing thing too. But, not even believing herself, she handed over the scroll.

"Are you sure? You don't have to if you don't want to." Sophie shook her head, feeling miserable. "It's okay..." She said quietly.

"Ok then," Della said. She opened the seal and looked at the scroll with a mixed expression. Sophie closed her eyes and waited for the laugh and embarrassment. Instead, she heard something much more comforting.

"Oh, I think he'll be perfect! Why were you so scared? It's better than ok!" Della said, in a what was probably the most cheerful voice ever. She rolled up the scroll and went over to hug her. Sophie managed a little smile.

"You really think so? It's just," she took a deep breath, "It's just... he makes me so... I can't describe it." She turned away, blushing. Della sighed and hugged her tighter. She smiled. "It's nothing to be afraid of. Go on and share the news! I'm not saying you have too, it's your choice, but I would. Come on!" She took Sophie's hand and pulled her up. "Let's go back with the others." Sophie took a deep breath and nodded. She walked with Della to the door. She opened it just as someone else was leaving.

"OW!" Biana yelped. "Why did you do that?" She grumbled, rubbing her head.

"Oh! Sorry," Sophie bent down to help her friend up. "We were just going back to the group."

"Oh Biana," Della came over to hug her daughter. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. How is Sophie by the way? She left in kind of a hurry. I think it was something on her Matchmaking scroll." Sophie blushed, looking everywhere but at Biana. "Who was your #1?"

"Um... it was... uh..." Sophie hated herself for being so weak. Why couldn't she just tell her?

"Oh, it's alright! We won't judge, right Biana?" Della said, winking at Sophie. Sophie took a deep breath, and finally, she said it.