Chapter 3

"You gotta be kidding me! Are you serious?" Biana was practically jumping out of the roof. "I can't believe it! Wait till I tell EVERYBODY! It'll be awesome!" She started to sprint toward the door.

"Wait!" Sophie said frantically. "Don't tell them! Especially Dex!"

"Don't tell me what?" A voice said behind them. The three girls turned around and found Dex, Fitz, Keefe, Tam, and Lin standing in the hallway. "We heard some excited shouting, so we came to check it out. Are you okay?"

"Yeah we're fine." Biana jumped, saving Sophie. But then, "GUESS WHAT SOPHIE GOT FOR HER #1?"

"What?" They all asked. Sophie's heart was pounding. She couldn't believe Biana.

"It was..." Biana said.

"Who?" Keefe asked. Everyone else seemed very interested, not taking their eyes off Biana and Sophie. Sophie thought nothing could be worse than what was coming. Why was this happening?

"It was..." Biana repeated. Everyone leaned forward to hear her. Sophie closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around herself, trying to prepare for the embarrassment and the shock that will come.

Sophie? Fitz's voice said in her head. Do you need some help? You look like you wanna kill someone. Named Biana.

Yes! Sophie opened her eyes and started into his teal ones. Please! Stop her! I'll do anything... She pleaded.

Alright, then.

Thank you.

"Biana, stop!" Fitz shouted. Biana stopped mid-sentence. "Sophie obviously doesn't want you to share it." When he looked at Sophie, she started to blush.

"Look at Fitz trying to defend Sophie." Biana said, smiling. "Awwwwww..."

Thanks Fitz. I really appreciate it. Sophie transmitted.

So... can you tell who it is? Fitz asked. You said that you would do anything.

Sophie didn't say anything. Seriously? Now Fitz is doing this too?

Not unless you tell me. Sophie said in her defense. Fitz fell silent.

Okay. Fine. But this is only to figure out yours. Fitz thought. My #1 is... He hesitated. This was harder than I thought.

So are you not going to tell me? Sophie urged him on. She finally understood what temptation it was to know such a secret. You know that means I won't tell you right?

I mean, I'm not gonna force you but, you did say that-

"Um, hello?" Biana said to Fitz and Sophie. "Are you guys not paying attention?" Sophie suddenly realized that everyone was staring at Fitz and her.

"Why did you interrupt them?" Linh said. "They were so cute."

"Wait what?" Sophie said, feeling her cheeks warm as she realized the truth. "Oh my god. Biana. Did you tell them?" Biana laughed.

"Yes. Of course! Now Fitz, you got to tell us something." Biana said, narrowing her eyes at her brother. "Who is your number one?"

"Ok. Fine. My number one is..." Fitz said. "Actually can I just give you a hint instead?" He hesitated.

"C'mon, just TELL US ALREADY!" Biana pleaded.

"Well, she has blond hair, beautiful brown eyes, and is very talented. And her name is Sophie Foster." Sophie felt everyone's eyes on her and she blushed so hard she thought she might explode. She looked at Fitz, and all he did was smile.

"So... um," She squeaked, trying to change the subject. "What did... you guys get?"

"Oh, nothing you need to worry about." Biana said, giving her a giant smile. "You don't need time to think about ours. Think about yours! Come on, let's leave them alone." She jumped up and started pushing the others out the door, leaving Sophie alone with Fitz.