Chapter 6

"What kind of question is that?" Sophie blushed hard. "Not answering that." She turned away from him.

"C'mon Foster. It's simple." Keefe said as he walked around her to where she was facing. "Just tell me." Sophie lifted her head and started straight into his ice-blue eyes.

"I... uh..." The longer she stared into his eyes, the more her cheeks warmed up and the more her palms turned sweaty. "I..." Ugh, why was this so hard? It was probably because if she said it she'll probably be extremely embarrassed, and even if she did say it, what would she say? Yes or no? She wasn't sure. If she said yes, what would Dex and Keefe think? If she said no, what would Fitz think?

"I'm feeling confusion, fear, and guilt. I think that's enough." He got up and winked at Sophie.

"Wait, WHAT?" Sophie said. "You read my emotions? You did that on purpose? GET BACK HERE KEEFE!" She shouted as he sprinted out the door.

"He being annoying again?" Biana asked as she skipped over, smiling. "That's what I like about him." She smiled again.

"Did he get on your list?" Sophie said as her friend sat down.

"Yeah, he was my number 4." She answered. "What about on yours?"

"I'm not sure, I think he was my 20th or 30th. Nowhere near as close as Fitz though, so I don't think we'll be together." As soon as she said it, she regretted it. "Wait! I didn't mean-"

"Hey, it's okay! I know what you mean girl. Here," Biana scooted over to Sophie and gave her a big hug. "Leave him to me, okay?" She unwrapped her arms and Sophie began to feel a little embarrassed.

"Anyway, you should head back to Havenfield, it's getting late." She took Sophie's hand and guided her through the door and outside the gates of Everglen. "Sandor might throw a fit if you're a second late. Tell Grady and Edaline that I said hello! Also, tell them about your results. Bye!" She called as Sophie faded away.