Chapter 10

"Umm...What?"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I mentally freaked out, Dan wanted to go out with me? I mean I know I wanted this to happen but now that it's here I have no idea what to say, all I could manage was a few umms. I noticed that the camera was still recording and I cracked under pressure. How could he ask me on a video? That is so...so...why would he do that? So much pressure to say yes, I mean I wanted but still.

"Um, I have to go I think I left the stove on."

"Oh, okay will you come back?" Dan asked with a worried expression on his face. I looked to PJ and he had an almost hopeful but concerned look on his face. I looked back at Dan. Phil and Chris sat quietly to themselves in complete awkwardness.

"No, I don't think so, this was fun but, I have to leave." I didn't wait for his reply as I ran for the door and went into my apartment across the hall. I hurriedly went into my room and collapsed sideways onto my bed. I didn't cry or anything I just thought about what had just happened.

After about an hour I heard a knock at my front door. I walked to it and contemplated whether or not I wanted to open it.

"(y/n)?"

"Dan, just please go away I don't feel like talking to you right now."

"This is PJ." I sighed and opened the door, the tall man stood in front of me with his hands in his pockets and looked at me with an apolegetic smile.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah" I shut the door behind him and sat down on the couch. He walked over to me but stood not wanting to upset me any further.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, it's just I don't understand why he would ask me something like that in front of you guys and even a recording camera, I just freaked out." He thought for a minute as if choosing his words carefully.

"Well, if there weren't any cameras and it was just you guys what would you have said?"

"I don't know! That's the thing I thought I wanted to go out with him but now that he asked, I'm not so sure anymore."

"Well..." he sat down on the empty spot next to me, "why don't you just let it all out. Tell me whatever and I'll try and help as much as I can." Wow, he seems like a really nice guy, but I don't know if I want to spill my problems with Dan to him.

"Umm, I don't know, there's not really much to talk about, we don't know each other that well."

"He knows more about you than I do, or at least he should."

"Yeah, you're right about that." I looked up from my hands and at him. His green eyes glistened in the dim lighting. I noticed his eyes glance down to my lips. I didn't really like him like that but it felt nice to be wanted by such a nice guy. As he came in closer I let him kiss me, it was a sweet kiss, he wrapped his arms around my waist but I stopped him and pulled away.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me." PJ rubbed the back of his head, I sighed.

"No, it's my fault I let it happen, I just wanted to see if there was anything there but-"

"I get it (y/n) you don't have to explain, I know when I'm not wanted."

"That's not it at all, I just, don't like you like that, I still want to be friends with you." He stood up and I did as well, I felt bad that I made him feel that way.

"Hey!" I held his face in my hands. "I didn't mean anything rude, you are a really nice guy, I mean one of the most sincere ones I've ever talked to but I just want to be friends okay?" He backed away from my grasp.

"Okay, but on one condition, I've got to be your best friend." He smiled which made me smile as well.

"Okay!" After a little more talking he stated that he had to head out and return back to his place and he said he'd text me when he got back. What a crazy day. It was now 7:00 and I had been thinking about Dan's question. I wanted to say yes but the more I thought about it the more unsure I became. I decided I would go see him anyways and give him my answer. My stomach flipped as I turned my doorknob I still had no idea what I was going to say, I was hoping that seeing him would solidify my answer. I knocked at their door and waited for someone to answer.

"Hey (y/n). What did ya want." Dan stood there and tried to act normal but I could tell a lot was going on in his mind.

"Would you come over for a second?"

"Sure, yeah." When I closed the door I turned to him and took a deep breath. Just as I was about to say something Dan kissed me. It started out slow but heated up quickly, Dan had me pinned against the door and kissed me passionately. After a while and a long needed breath, I finally managed to say what I wanted.

"Dan, I will be your girlfriend." He smiled and hugged me tightly.

"You have no idea how much I've wanted to kiss you." We hugged for a little while longer before Dan said he had to go back and record another video for tomorrow. I went to bed happy and slept better than I had in a long time.

Ugh, I had no idea where I was going with this chapter. It was kind of a hastle to write but you're finally dating the Dan Howell! Congratulations!