Chapter 11

I really can't believe that I have this many reads I mean wow, I'm totally shocked. Thank you guys so much! Also thanks for the votes!

My job started Monday and I already miss having my days off of pure nothingness. It was now Tuesday, and I just got off of work. As I was walking back to my apartment I thought of Dan and smiled to myself as I passed each stationary building that was on either side of me. We had only been going out for a week now but I felt like there could really be something there. I walked into my apartment to find it exactly the way I left it. I collapsed on top of my bed and thought of what I should be doing. Cooking dinner, cleaning the horrible monstrosity of my room, maybe take the trash out or do the dishes? Nah...Maybe 2 hours of Youtube first.

Time Skip

I did just that, I watched Youtube for 2 hours. After I decided to go check on Dan and Phil, and see how they were doing. Their door was open so I invited myself in, so far I hadn't seen anybody. I heard Dan talking in his room and I opened his door to see him talking to himself and pacing the space in front of me. I didn't really pay any attention to what he was saying, I just crept up to him and whispered in his ear, "Potatoes and butter."

"AHH! What the heck was that‽" I started laughing uncontrollably because he nearly jumped out of his skin. Phil ran in with a concerned look on his face and asked what was going on. He saw how much more pale Dan looked than usual and then how I was suffocating myself with laughter. I tried to explain what happened but my words were covered up with gasps for air, this caused Phil to laugh as well as Dan.

Our banter was interrupted by the ring of my phone. After catching my breath I answered.

"Hello?"

"Yes, am I speaking with (y/f/n)?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry to tell you this but since we have you written down as an emergency contact, your friend Sara Jennings has been in a car accident and has been comatose for a couple hours." My heart dropped, my throat closed and I was not able to say anything so I hung up. I was on the verge of breaking down in tears and I just sat down on Dan's bed and stared at the floor.

"(y/n)? Are you okay, who called?" Phil questioned and sat to the left of me and Dan to the right. The dams that held all of my emotions back cracked and let a single tear through. Dan rubbed my back and the dam couldn't hold the pressure anymore, my eyes flooded with tears and my face into a crying mess. Dan looked at Phil and then to the door, he understood and left the room with an unsure look.

I curled up against Dan and cried all over his shoulder and soaking his shirt, he didn't mind but I could tell he was a bit uncomfortable. I rested my head on his shoulder as his long arms wrapped around me.

"What's going on, you know you can tell me anything." He looked into my eyes and wiped away the tears that stained my face but soon more came and took their place.

"My best friend got in a wreck and is in a coma." I dug my head into his shoulder and clenched his shirt in between my fingers. He rest his chin on top of my head and sighed, I felt his arms squeeze me tighter and I felt safe in his arms. Almost as if nothing could ever hurt me as long as he was around.

Time Skip

I woke up to silence. Dan's room was empty and I stayed laying down in his sweet-smelling bed. The door slowly creaked open and revealed my boyfriend's sullen face.

"Hey, you awake?"

"Yeah"

"How are you feeling?" He walked over to me and rested his hand on the side of my face.

"I'm better, but I need to go back to America."

"I'm going with you."

"No you don't have to go. You don't even know her."

"Any friend of yours is a friend of mine." He smiled at me and I couldn't help but to smile back.

"I lov-" Dan cut himself off mid sentence with a shocked expression painted on his face.

"I love you, too."

Another chapter down! Pretty depressing though. Hope you enjoyed it, stay tuned for the next installment!