Prologue

There was a tree. Not just any old tree. A maple tree. It's long branches extended like long arms, enveloping anything it's close to. Keeping it safe.

I've dreamt about this tree so many times. The way it just seems to be more alive than I.

It feels like sometimes, it gets me. It knows me more than I know myself. And I like that.

The green in the leaves, and the random lifeless brown ones, all know a secret or two.

Climbing up the rough bark, never leaving any scratches on my skin; going up to my favourite branch. Every time I sit down, it feels like it hugs me.

But this time it's different.

It doesn't hug me.

It let's me go.

As I fall down slowly, the wind hitting me at every direction. Trying to catch me.

I fall.

And everything turns dark as I hear someone scream my name.

*Author's Note*

Hello! So this is a Fan Fiction version of the original book 'My Heart in the Maple Tree'. I'm a big fan of BTS and thought it would be fun to change the two main characters to two of the members. Kim Taehyung (V) and Min Yoongi.

Now this book is insanely personal to me in some ways. It took me so long to write. I started writing this story back in the beginning of High School, but then I didn't finish it. A few years later, I decide that I wanted to change up the plot and write something completely different but still keeping the storyline. That took me more than a year... Then my grandmother... Who was like my best friend... Died. It tore me apart... But I finished writing this story. Granny Rose is her. This whole book has traces of her all over it. So I hope you enjoy this Fan Fiction version. Maybe consider purchasing the original version? I don't know....

-VHN