Two

I'm running. Something is coming. For me.

   I can't think of anyone else but my mom, dad and Yoongi.

   I'm scared.

   My heart is racing; failing, as I run for my life. I pass by trees. I'm in the woods. They all look at me.

   The trees.

   Like if they had faces. Encouraging me to keep running. What am I even running from? Why am I running? All I know, is that I'm scared.

    I suddenly trip over a branch, falling down face first into darkness.

    It doesn't stop though. I keep falling. I scream at the top of my lungs.

   Wanting to wake up.

{~~}

I wake up startled, and shaking from head to toe. A hand is placed on my arm. I look up to see Yoongi.

   It was just a dream.

   "You okay Ev?" I gulp and nod. That dream felt so real. What was I even running from? Why was I so scared?

   "Well I hope you're okay. We're just about here." My mom says from the drivers seat.

   I sit up in my seat and relax, looking at Yoongi. I try to smile at him, to reassure him that I'm okay. He takes my hand and squeezes it tight.

   "Where are you taking Yoongi and I?" I ask my mom. I don't recognize the scenery, so I have no idea where we are. There's a sea of corn fields on the left and the right, while we drive down the street.

   We get to a stop and pass by nice houses that all look expensive and well kept. There's kids playing in their yards yelling and screaming out of fun. There's people sitting on their balcony's enjoying the nice weather.

   We get to another stop sign and I see on my left that there's a bunch of mailboxes. Everyone probably gets their mail here.

   Passing by a little restaurant, I see people having breakfast. There's a couple laughing at something the other one said. Their eyes shinning with happy tears.

   "We're in Saint Syon. A little village away from town." Saint Syon? I don't know it. "I'm taking you to your grandparent's house for a few weeks." I furrow my eyebrows, not understanding.

   Why would she drop Yoongi and I at my grandparent's house? Just as I'm about to start senior year in High School? Not that I mind, but it doesn't make any sense.

   "I have to work overseas and your father will be in a different country." She's going overseas? Must be important. "I don't want you to be left alone this whole time, and besides your grandmother has been dying to see you."

   "My grandmother?"

   I've never met her. Except, apparently to my mother, I have. When I was a kid. I was always at her place. I really don't remember.

   The car finally stops in front of an old Victorian style house. I stare in awe at the beautiful details. The flowers going up in vines on the side of the house. The huge Maple Tree next to it, covering the sky and part of the house with shade.

   "Whoa." I murmur to myself.

   I can see the backyard has an in ground pool, with a gazebo attached to the back of the house. There's flowers everywhere of all different kinds of colours; even some I've never seen before.

   "You getting out of the car or what?" Yoongi asks, already outside.

   I snap out of it and scooch over to the door, stepping out. I see that my mom is still in the car. Isn't she going to come in and say hello?