Five

Looking at the blue sky, feeling the cold air brushing my skin like a gentle hand caressing my cheek. I feel like I'm floating on a cloud. I feel calm and relaxed. I've never felt this. Almost zen. Nothing's bothering me. Just happiness.

   Sitting in this tree. This familiar tree. The bark almost too soft to be real. The branches covering the sun from hitting my skin. I know I can trust this tree. As if it was a person. Like we're the best of friends.

   I wear a huge smile on my face, until the sky suddenly turns a dark grey. What happened to the sunshine? The happiness seems to be sucked away from existence.

   Suddenly I hear an ear piercing scream. I look around for the source in panic.

   Who screamed?

   Looking down at my feet, I notice a body. I can't see who it is, only that this person seems dead. There's another figure standing next to the body.

   The first thing I notice, are wings. This person has pitched black wings. Terrified, I look away just as I lose my balance.

   I'm falling.

I sit up, opening my eyes. My breathing very heavy. What kind of dream was that? That was a very scary dream.

   Looking up at the painting, on the other side of the room; the girl has white wings. Why did I dream of someone with pitched black wings? Who was that body on the ground?

   Getting up from the bed, I rub my eyes with my hands. I'll just forget about it. It was only a dream.

   I put on some clothes and walk out of my room. I look at Yoongi's closed door, wondering if he's awake or still asleep.

   When I get to the kitchen downstairs, my grandmother is sitting on a chair, sipping a cup of what looks like tea.

   "Good morning." I smile at her, as she looks up from her crossword puzzle. Her face beams up at me, as she pats the vacant seat next to hers.

   "Good morning Eveye! I hope you slept well." I sit down next to her and nod, as she stands up. "Is tea okay?"

   "Yeah, that would be great thanks." She smiles, as she takes out a cup from the cupboards above her. She then fills it up with some hot water. The tea is a delicate yellow colour, with a tint of green. I wonder what flavour it is.

   "You used to love this kind. It's my special blend of flowers and lemon." She hands me the cup. I take a little sip and my eyes widen. I suddenly feel energized.

   "Wow this is amazing!" I take another sip.

   "I'm glad you still like it." She giggles, putting her crossword puzzle away.

   We sit in silence for a bit, as I continue to drink the tea. After a few minutes, she gets up and takes out two bowls filled with fruit and yogurt. I happily eat it, liking the change of breakfast. I usually eat bread and peanut butter.

   "You were telling me yesterday, that you've been remembering things?" She suddenly asks.

   "Yes!" I smile, remembering those precious memories. "Ever since I saw Taehyung yesterday at the store, I've had a total of three different memories."

   "Wow! That's really great. I'm really happy for you." She seems very genuine. I wish I could remember more about her.

   As soon as I think that, a sudden flicker of a memory starts playing out in my head without a warning.

I see me as a little girl, around maybe the age of four. I'm running after a butterfly. I'm holding a wooden stick, with a pink net at the end.

   I was trying to catch it.