Chapter Three: Relationship Status: Taken

DJ's POV

I don't know why, but every time Roman said something to me or smiled at me he made me blush. His personality is totally different off screen.

You and I go hard at each other like we're going to war. You and I go rough...we keep throwing things and slamming the door.

When my phone went off the guys looked at me weird. "Hey it's a free country and if I like Maroon 5...well then I just like Maroon 5." I stated. They all just smiled and shook their heads. "Who is it?" Roman asked. I looked at the caller ID...Adrian Neville. "Oh it's just my boyfriend checking up on me." I replied hitting the 'answer' button. "YOUR WHAT?!" the guys screamed in unison. I quickly covered the phone to keep Adrian from hearing. "Can y'all be any louder? Imma take this out there." I said pointing to the door. I left them stunned and angry. Why were they acting like this? When I closed the door behind me I talked into the phone.

Me: Hey babe, what's up?

Neville: Nothing just checking up on you. Did you find out who your mentors were and who was screaming in the back?

Me: Oh the screaming was just my mentors. But babe you're gonna be mad...my mentors are...The Shield.

Neville: WHAT?!

I took phone from my ear and shook my head. When that guy's mad he can hit Whitney Houston high notes like that.

Me: But baby it's no big deal. They're just my mentors nothing more, nothing less. Well maybe we could actually be friends. They are soooo nice off screen.

I looked into space dreamily, but I was thinking mostly about Dean. I quickly shook the thought and came back to reality.

Neville: NO! They are just your mentors and only your mentors. Don't make me come down there, because I will.

I sighed. Man he can be really protective sometimes.

Me: Ok, ok. I'll talk to you later babe. Bye.

I clicked the 'end' button and went back into the locker room. All eyes were on me. They weren't warm or soft like they were before, they were disappointed and angry. "Are you guys alright?" I asked nervously, taking a step back. Their eyes turned back to normal. Dean patted the spot next to him and I sat down next to him again. "So who's your boyfriend?" Dean asked drinking from his water bottle. I twirled my hair with my finger and hesitated. The Shield and Adrian were enemies on and off screen. "Adrian." I mumbled. "Huh?" Dean asked. "Adrian...Neville." I said a little louder so he could hear me. He spit out his water. "What?" he asked. The others looked at me with the same surprised expression as Dean. "Yeah. I wasn't gonna tell you guys, because I thought you guys would treat me differently. I know you guys don't like Adrian and Adrian doesn't like you guys, but I didn't want to get caught in the line of fire." I said into my lap. Then I felt an arm wrap around me. "It's okay. We may hate Neville, but you're perfectly safe." Dean said rubbing my shoulders. Roman cleared his throat which didn't stop Dean from comforting me more. When the show ended I caught a ride with the guys and I shared a hotel room with Dean. Luckily there were two beds.