Chapter 14

Luke was backed into a corner, surrounded by Jake and his mates who were cracking their knuckles threateningly. Luke gulped, keeping his eyes on the floor.

"I haven't seen your bodyguard in a while Luke, where did he go?" Jake taunted, smirking as his friends laughed. "Did he realise how much of a loser you are and give up on you? Poor little Lukey, the little gay boy who's rich daddy can't even buy him some friends. No wonder Calum fucked off."

"I'm not a loser." Luke mumbled as Jake closed in on him, sneering and intimidating. Jake let out a cruel laugh which made Luke grimace.

"Listen to yourself Luke. You're pathetic. A sad little loner like you've always been." Jake spat, shoving Luke against the wall behind him. "Have you ever wondered why people can't stand being around you for more than a week? It's because you're a freak Luke Hemmings."

"I'd rather be a freak than be anything like you." Luke muttered defiantly, his eyes wide with fear and his whole body shaking. Jake's fist collided with his gut and he doubled over in pain, cursing under his breath.

"Such filthy language Lucas. We ought to clean that mouth of yours out." Jake replied, shaking his head disappointedly as he grabbed Luke's arm and dragged him to the nearest toilets. Luke kicked and twisted, trying to escape but Jake's grip was too tight.

"Let go of me." He snarled, digging his nails into Jake's arm. "Get off!"

One of Jake's friends held the door open and Jake dragged Luke over to the sinks effortlessly despite Luke fighting back. He glanced down at Luke, who was still struggling and laughed humourlessly.

"So pathetic." Jake shoved Luke's he's under the soap dispenser, using both hands to hold him in place and nodded one of his mates to press the trigger. Luke tried to turn his head away, but Jake was too strong.

"Open wide Lucas."

Luke shook his head, glaring at his bully defiantly.

"I said, open wide." Jake growled, kneeing Luke where it hurt the most. Luke gasped in pain. Jake's friend took the opportunity and the next thing Luke knew he could taste soap.

"Swallow it." Jake demanded, still holding him down. "Swallow it like it's your boyfriend's load, faggot." Luke shook his head, his bright blue eyes sparkling with tears as he stared up at the ceiling. The door of the bathroom swung open, making Jake jump away from Luke and giving Luke the opportunity to spit out the soap, gagging as the taste remained on his tongue.

"What's going on in here?" The janitor, Mr Cooper, asked, staring the 4 boys up and down, his eyes lingering on Luke's disgusted expression and tear filled eyes.

"Nothing." Jake answered, and his friends echoed. "We were just leaving. It's not a crime to use to the toilet is it?"

"Go on then, get out." The janitor grumbled, nodding towards the door. Luke trailed behind the others, sticking out his tongue discreetly to get rid of the chemical taste in his mouth. Before he could leave, Mr Cooper grabbed his arm.

"Are you okay boy?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Luke respond almost too quickly.

"I don't trust those boys. I want you to be 100% honest with me, was nothing going on?" He pressed, looking Luke directly in the eye.

"Yeah, nothing happened. I just bumped into them in here, that's all." Luke wanted to kick himself for throwing away his opportunity to tell the truth. The lies tasted worse on his tongue than the soap did, but he knew the consequences of telling. The janitor narrowed his eyes but let go of Luke's arm and allowed him to leave. Luke grabbed his bag from where Jake had cornered him and headed home, tears threatening to fall again, not because Jake was horrible to him but because he couldn't do anything to stop it, even if he tried.

I hate writing about Luke being bullied, this chapter especially but it's part of the plot. I don't condone bullying, or the use of any of the offensive words Jake uses.