Ch.12 - The Unknown

Yup.  I am back with an update for Orphans/Breaking Free.  After 5 months.  I know I am terrible.  Please forgive me.  I am sorry to all the readers who have been waiting so long for this update.  Too many things happened at the same time.  But I am back, that's what counts.  A special gift for all Teja fans (it's her bday on 10th!) and for my mentals.  Welcome back cutie cuteangelzaya and a big thank you to Rini riniitta for making me find the lost parts of this ff.  Ullu silent-writerr  thanks for assuring all the fans of this ff that it will resume.  Sorry for any trouble you had to go through. A BIG WALA HUG TO ALL MY MENTAL SISTERS  :* 

Let the show begin now :)

Recap: Just look back to ch.11 

Ch.12:

"Madam, ek cup chai aur?" The man asked her.

"Nahi bhaiya."  Navya replied distraught.

"I am closing the stall in a few minutes." 

Navya understood his cue and began to leave.  

BING!

"Find another way."  She read out loud looking at the message she just received.  Giving a heavy sigh she walked straight with no clue where she was headed.

Scene Shift: DT Mansion

"Sleep well Ragu.  Call me if you need anything."  Shivanya said caressing her cheeks and tucking her in the warm comforters.  After shutting the lights off, with the exception of the table lamps, Shivanya went out and closed the door behind her.  

Ragini was silently watching her as she exited and for some reason her heart felt as if a thousand bricks were dumped on it.  She felt sad to see such a young woman transition into a fully matured wife mainly because she was pushed into it.  But Shivu never let it show on her face, the fact that she missed being a careless 22 year old girl who had no worries and responsibilities.

Scene Shift: Rivanya's Room

"Ritik?  Why is it so dark here?  Ritik??" Shivanya stressed her eyes to find an image of Ritik in the lightless room.  She then turned on the flashlight in her phone and aimed it across the room.  Pity that the switches in her room were right next to their bed rather than the door.  But the lamps were on at all times.  Very unusual of him to turn them off.  

"Ritik?"  She called again, now heading to the bed, looking at the man who had his head rested on his own legs like a little kid trying to sleep. She kneeled near him, turned the flash off, and brushed her hand in his curly hair.  Slowly she put her head against his and closed her eyes, trying to eradicate all the worries in her mind.  

"I am sorry." Ritik mellowed

"You don't need to be."  Shivanya replied, both of them still in the same position.  Ritik finally lifted his head and wiping his tears he walked over to the switch to turn the lights on.  Shivanya was still kneeling near the bed, startled by Ritik's quick moves but also wondered what was going on with him.  Now he was out in the balcony just looking down at the lonely street. 

"Are you okay?"  She asked walking to him.

"No.  I am not okay.  I feel guilty and...and weak seeing Mishti like this.  She has completely changed.  And the fact that I was responsible for it eats me everyday."  

"Ritik..."  Shivanya wanted to assure him but he simply pulled her to the nearby sofa and said, "I have a lot to talk about but I never got the chance to tell you.  So much running through my mind and I have no clue how to handle it.  I am glad Mishti came back to us but since her return she's suffering one way or another.  At times I feel as if I understand her and at others, she seems completely alienated from me.  Its becoming harder and harder to know her, to understand her feelings, her thoughts.  It's frustrating for me!  I don't know what to do so that it can all be normal again, back to the way we were with maa papa."  He closed his eyes in dismay.  "I don't know what to do."