One

(___)= Name

*

Closing my locker, I let out a sigh. Why did school days always take so long?

"The little mermaid? What are you, five?"

I turned my head, seeing Sean, Felix, and Mark. They were standing in front of someone, looking down. I narrowed my eyes, slowly making my way towards the group.

"No, I'm seventeen!" Someone responded.

I weaved my way through the group of students. Seeing a boy jumping in an attempt to get the book back. The three boys were laughing, as long as all the other students watching. Felix pushed the shorter boy backwards, him falling to the floor.

Laughing, the three boys walked away with their heads held high. Felix dropped the book onto the ground. The crowd eventually vanished as everyone left the scene. I crouched in front of the boy. "You okay?"

He adjusted the round glasses on his face and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

I scanned the boy. Messy dark brown hair, bright green eyes, and some acne blotches covering his cheeks. "Are you new? I haven't seen you around here."

The boy stared at me, seeming hesitant to start a conversation. He stood up but didn't make eye contact. "No."

"You are a senior, right?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Do you have any friends? No one seemed to help you." I said, looking around the hallway.

"I have one," the boy replied. "I'm just not sure where he is."

This boy needed a friend. If what he said was true, and he did have one, the person wasn't a very good friend. The boy started walking away, I jogged to keep up next to him. He picked up his book and tucked it under his arm.

"What's your name?"

He paused before answering. "Ethan."

"Well Ethan," I smiled. "I'm (___)."

*

There we go! First chapter! The fic will get a lot better as it goes I promise!

I'm curious: did you come from my fic Not Quite Dead or did you find this on its own? :0