Two

(___)= Name
(F/f)= Favorite Food

*

I sat down next to Ethan, who had been sitting next to someone else.

"Hi." I said.

Ethan looked up at me and smiled. The boy next to him gave me strange look. "Who are you?"

"Uh, Tyler, this is the girl I told you about." Ethan attempted to whisper, his voice still sounding pretty loud.

"You told him about me?" I asked Ethan, then smiled. He actually remembered me.

"Yuppers." Ethan responded, taking a bite of his sandwich.

There was no peanut butter, just jelly. I thought about asking him why, but decided not to due to the fact that we really didn't know each other.

Tyler raised an eyebrow, scanning me. "So, why didn't you punch any of them?"

"Because," I began slowly, not really knowing what to say. "I didn't want something bad to happen. Sure, they were picking on Ethan but they didn't hurt him in any way."

"So you're telling me that you'll only hurt somebody...if they hurt somebody first?" He questioned.

I nodded. Ethan adjusted himself and held up his copy of The Little Mermaid. "I'm just glad I got my book back. Thanks, (___)."

"So if I were to do this," Tyler snatched the book out of Ethan's hands. "Would you punch me?"

"Depends if I like you enough. I mean, I've barley talked to you and so far you're kind of a dick-"

"Hey! Bad word!" Ethan yelled, shaking his head.

I laughed, but continued. "So yes, I would probably punch you."

"I highly doubt you could reach me." Tyler told me with a grin.

I took a bite of (f/f) and rolled my eyes.  "I don't have to punch high, just gotta punch hard."

Tyler looked down, realizing what I meant. He opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by Ethan. "Can I have my book back now?"

"Oh, yeah, sure." Tyler handed Ethan the book.

*

I slammed into someone as I turned away from my locker. "Sorry."

"I should probably tell you something."

Looking up, I saw it was Tyler. I fiddled my thumbs, I wasn't the best around people. "What is it?"

"It's about Ethan," Tyler turned around to the boy at the water fountain. "He's......he's different. I'm sure you noticed some off about him, like why he acts so childish."

I adjusted. "Yeah, I wasn't really sure why he was reading the little mermaid."

Tyler crossed his arms over his chest. "He's got autism. I don't really like other people around him, but I think I can trust you enough. I don't really have any classes with him-but you might."

"I've never even seen him-"

"They changed all his classes. He took most of the easier classes, but for straight A's. So, they decided to challenge him more."

So that's why I never saw him.

*

Booooo this sucks so far but it'll get somewhere soon I promise :)