Ten

(___)= Name
(H/c)= Hair Color

*

When I pulled back from Ethan, he stared at me with a blank expression. I raised my eyebrows questionably. "What?"

Ethan looked away, bringing his fingers to his lips. He looked back at me with a bright red face. "I-I have to go."

He stood up, glancing at me, then walked away. I watched Ethan get further away, my heart sinking with each step he took.

Why did I do it? I leaned back against the tree, swallowing hard to hold back my tears. I ran my fingers through my (h/c) hair and took in a deep breath. From the corner of my eye I noticed a small book. Fully turning my head, I realized it was Ethan's notebook and a glittery pencil. I bit my lip before grabbing his belongings, staring down at them with furrowed eyebrows. Hesitantly, I opened the notebook. I knew it was invading Ethan's personal privacy but I was so curious to see what he drew.

The first page was a drawing of a flower with large petals. I flipped to the next to see a dark figure standing in the rain, the drawing almost seemed depressing. There were a few doodles of dogs and characters I recognized from shows on the next few pages. My eyes widened as I saw a drawing of Mark, Felix, and Sean. Their features were dark, their eyes looking blank and horryifing. It was as if Ethan had drew them like they were the scariest thing to exist. And to him, they were.

I closed the notebook, staring at the cover for a long moment. I pulled myself off the ground, burrying the notebook and pencil in my back pocket. I had to give it back to Ethan, it wasn't mine to keep.

Putting my ear buds back in, I began walking. I focused on the words to my music for a while before my thoughts roamed. Why did Ethan leave? Was it too soon? Did Ethan not feel the same way? Should I tell Tyler? Will this ruin our friendship?

I haulted. The thought of losing Ethan made my throat burn. I shook my head, wiping tears away with my arm. I stared at the ground as I walked back towards the school.

*

"Tyler, where's Ethan?" I asked, earning the boys attention.

Tyler raised an eyebrow. "He left to find you. You two didn't come back together?"

I shook my head sadly. Crossing my arms over my chest, I looked away. "I don't know why, but he just....left."

"Huh," Tyler gave a thoughtful expression. "Did you kiss him?"

I blinked, staring at Tyler for a long moment. "How did you-"

"I can tell by your expression. Also, your lips look swollen." He pointed out.

"That's because I was punched in the face multiple times, remember?" I said with an annoyed expression.

Tyler chuckled. "(___), I know you kissed him."

I shrugged then nodded. "Yeah, I did, okay. Just-what difference does it make?"

"Maybe he just isn't...comfortable enough with you yet?"

"Maybe."

Tyler noticed my expression then gave me a small smile. "Hey, you're gonna be okay. Nothing bad will happen between the two of you."

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise."