Eleven

(___)= Name
(B/s)= Bad subject (the one Ethan tutored in)

*

The next three weeks seemed to drag on. Ethan had been avoiding me since I kissed him and school seemed pointless without him. Even though I had Tyler, it wasn't the same. I walked through the hallway silently, keeping my distance from everyone else. I may not been a very social person, but Ethan made me more open to others.

I walked into (b/s), noticing Ethan sitting in the front of the room. Slowly, I walked to the empty desk next to him and sat down. Ethan looked over to me and stared for a long moment before getting up and moving to the back of the room. I swallowed the lump in my throat, looking to the front of the room.

The class seemed to take forever without Ethan next to me. Usually, I would watch him doodle or we would whisper stupid things to one another, but now there was nothing to keep me entertained.

I turned around in my seat, looking to the back of the class where Ethan was. He had been staring at me, and when our eyes met, he looked away. I turned my attention back to the front of the room and let out a sigh. After a few more minutes, the bell rang, me waiting for all the other students to leave. I watched Ethan walk out of the room with a saddened look.

*

I tilted my head, writing the next answer on the assignment I had been given. Everyone was silent, making it easy to hear the noises outside the room. It was too easy. Suddenly, there was yelling and the sound of shoes sqeaking. There was a knock on the door, Mr. Barnes walking over to it.

Tyler ran through as soon as it opened, his eyes meeting mine instantly. "It's Ethan."

I furrowed my eyebrows but stood up, running out of the room behind Tyler. Mr. Barnes told the class to remain calm, but they ignored him, following after Tyler and I. Mark, Felix, and Sean all stood in the middle of the hallway, pushing Ethan around. Felix landed a punch on Ethan's nose, him falling to the floor with a cry.

My breath hitched at the sound and I ran forward, shoving Felix backwards. He blinked, shocked, then looked to Sean and Mark and laughed. "She's really trying this again? I'm really looking forward to next time."

"There's not going to be a next time." I said blankly.

Everyone in the hallway "ooohed" as the words left my mouth. Tyler crossed his arms, scanning the three boys in front of us.

"Oh," Sean let out sarcastically. "I'm so scared. What are you gonna do-"

His eyes widened as my foot connected with his privates. Mark stared at me for a long moment before throwing a punch. Tyler grabbed his arm, stopping it right before it connected with my face. Felix managed to kick Tyler and I tackled him, scratching his face.

"Stop! This isn't how we solve problems!" Mr. Barnes demanded, attempting to pull me off of Felix.

We all ignored him, the students' cheers traveling through the hallway.

*